degree req for lvl2

Hi, I was wondering if any one was able to sign up for level 2 when they were still in their final year of undergrad? I just passed lvl 1 and will be graduating in May (last possible day of exam is may 9th) then convocation in mid - Jun. I’m pretty sure that i wont fail a course and not graduate so what’s left is really just a technicality because by June 1st, when I “sit” for the exam, i will have my degree! I called CFA institute directly but the guy didn’t seem to know anything and generically told me to email info@cfainstitute.org so i’m hoping that somebody here might know if it’s possible and how it can be done. It’s really frustrating because I was so excited about passing and was looking towards challenging myself with LII in June. Not to mention each day spent waiting for this to resolve is a day lost studying :frowning: Thanks in advance for any help, i really appreciate it. p.s. congrats to everybody else who also passed L1 back in December :smiley:

Heres my advice: Enjoy the last time of your life when your young and have no commitments to anything except getting through your last semester of college. Drink, hang out with your friends, enjoy the warm spring days during April/May (obviously depending on where you live), read an interesting book if you want, sleep late, exercise every day, relax… I’m assuming you want to be successful in life. Well, passing level 2 when your 22/23 one year out of college won’t make any difference in the long run. Besides, business has a lot to do with networking and building up contacts, it’s not just about obtaining a designation.

My understanding was that one need to have a bachelor degree on Dec 31 of the year in which they sit for level 1 (didn’t you sign something to that effect when registering for level 1) For level 2, you need to pass level 1, so you need the bachelor…

You can substitute a year of experience, if you have it… change your profile to show it, email CFAI to let them know, and register for L2

hi guys, thx for the input. I got a response from cfai institute and they are pretty strict. They mentioned that i can add work experience but of course I don’t have a whole year’s worth of work experience since i am graduating in 4 yrs. this seriously was a downer ;( now i gotta wait until jun 2009. hey jalmy8, this might sound stupid but what commitments are you talking about? specifically say the first 4 years after graduation. i really have no clue :frowning: do you mean buy a house/condo or getting married possibly?

hey scottie… i am in the same situation you are… I do have work experience… probably about 6 months of it. Does it have to be one year of work experience… 3.5 years of education + .5 years of work = 4 years rite… :smiley: i know…but i seriously want to register for level 2 asap

hey quantforCFA, i’m not sure if they can do the 3.5 + .5, also was the 6months an internship? because i remember reading on this board some time ago that cfai doesn’t accept internship experience or something. i’ll try to find the specifics of the work experience requirement quantforCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hey scottie… > > i am in the same situation you are… > > I do have work experience… probably about 6 > months of it. > > Does it have to be one year of work experience… > > 3.5 years of education + .5 years of work = 4 > years rite… > > :smiley: > > i know…but i seriously want to register for level > 2 asap

@Scottie Yeah that’l be great…One year is too long a time to be waiting to write level 2…

hey quant, this is the page for work exp: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/getstarted/requirements/workexperience.html " You are required to spend at least 50 percent of your time in these activities to accrue the required professional work experience. Summer, part-time, and internship positions do not qualify. Type Acceptable professional work experience as it relates to applicants seeking to become charterholder members, or regular members, includes activities that consist to a majority extent of: (i) evaluating or applying financial, economic, and/or statistical data as part of the investment decision-making process involving securities or similar investments, which includes, but is not limited to, publicly traded and privately placed stocks, bonds, and mortgages and their derivatives; commodity-based derivatives and mutual funds; and other investment assets, such as real estate and commodities, if these other investment assets are held as part of a diversified, securities-oriented investment portfolio; or (ii) supervising, directly or indirectly, persons who practice such activities; or (iii) teaching such activities. " does your 6months qualify?

Hey Scottie We can talk about this more in detail… This is my gmail id sunilsamkurien@gmail.com