Anyone going to John Harris accounting course this weekend in Washington DC?

Anyone?

Yep Yep, I am flying out of Chicago Thursday,

People who are attending this one and all others who already attended one for Level II - What does he go over actually?? I heard many times that the seminar is very well worth the money but Is it worth for everybody attending or the ones who do not have accounting background? Thanks

I am, where are you from engineer2finance?

It really seems as though the accounting material for LII has been downsized this year. Especially since all that Cash Flow stuff is gone. Just look at the size of the accounting book compared to the others.

im going to his philly class - went to his NYC class for L1 last yr

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It really seems as though the accounting material > for LII has been downsized this year. Especially > since all that Cash Flow stuff is gone. Just look > at the size of the accounting book compared to the > others. I certainly hope not… the seminar is very expensive, D.C. is a 5 hour drive away, and I just spent the past month and a half studying FSA.

i went last week and i’d probably say that the seminar is underpriced. Anyone that doesn’t go this is a fool. He goes over every accounting section in great detail, walking you through problems step by step.

thanks for the feedback Still haven’t decided if I will fly or drive; coming in from Toronto.

engineer2finance Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks for the feedback > > Still haven’t decided if I will fly or drive; > coming in from Toronto. You must seriously be getting paid by your firm for this!! or Just want to finish FSA in 2 days!!

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > engineer2finance Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > thanks for the feedback > > > > Still haven’t decided if I will fly or drive; > > coming in from Toronto. > > > You must seriously be getting paid by your firm > for this!! or Just want to finish FSA in 2 days!! I dont think anyone would finish studying for FSA in 2 days. I will not be getting comped for this from my employer but in the end, a few thousand will be well worth it. That being said, if I drive, I may pick up a plasma TV on the way back to help me get through my friday and saturday night dates with FSA

Hmm… Do tell me how was it? I’ll probably go for the one in Philly or NY.

I have a set of Stalla L2 notes + passmaster if anyone is interested; brand new

I’m taking the Boston one next week. I’m behind on the FSA stuff, so I’m not sure how useful it’ll be (man, that stuff’s boring). But we’ll see.

I am signed up for the Chicago course. Anyone else here attending the Chicago course?

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hmm… Do tell me how was it? I’ll probably go for > the one in Philly or NY. I highly enjoyed the seminar and would recommend it to anyone. FSA went from my weakest subject to my strongest in the 2 day period. He’s very engaging and makes the class interesting. That said, I would recommend studying accounting pretty heavily before you go. Otherwise you are going to have a tough time keeping up. He does a great job reviewing and teaching to the test, but there is such a huge volume of material that you need to have seen it before taking the class (my opinion).

Thanks Dwight

I just got back from Harris’s Boston class. I agree with Danhoop21 that it’s underpriced. He covers everything, goes through numerous problems in detail, and gives a lot of prompts (“triggers”) that will help recall the material on the exam. In addition, he may be the best presenter I’ve seen in the last 10 years. I had reviewed everything beforehand, but not that heavily, but even given that limitation, it was well worth it. Had I not gone, my guess is that I would score less than 50% on the FSA material. Now, I think I’ve got a good chance to nail it.

it it from 8-5? i’ve been signed up for months, received the receipt, but havent’ gotten anything else.

I found the email so disregard the last post. Thanks. Sounds like the course is awesome. I’m excited.