Futures/Forwards

Just finished reading through and working problems for the futures and forward contracts. Almost every LOS says ‘calculate’, so I’m guessing we just need to bite the bullet and memorize all these formulas. Can anybody share some thoughts on how they think this stuff will be tested? Is there a bigger picture that we should be aware of or do you think these will be easy points if you can just remember which formula to apply?

The big picture is investing your time in your study instead of speculating on the exam.

Calculating the price of a future or forwrd will be too easy, pretty sure all questions on this will be on value and arbitrage… which means you’ll have to learn them all.

thanks Kerry and Blain.

By the time the exam gets here you will have this stuff tatooed on your brain ilvino. Keep working problems and it will become second nature.

Thanks dubbs! I was glad to read you’re going to fight on and write the exam this year - it’ll be like old times again. we’re getting the band back together.

I’ve got a good bit of catching up to do, but I am going to give it a shot. We’ll be in touch I am sure…