Question to returning L2ers

Morning all, haven’t posted in the L2 forum yet but have been following the threads over the past little while. I am a new L2er, passed L1 last June, and my question is to all of you who have taken the L2 exam before, did you find the Schweser Book 6 as good as a prep as it was for your L1 preperation? thanks, Frank

Book 6 is very hard. Its as good as anything for the exam which will not be as difficult.

I think the question posed is flawed in that it’s biased towards negative feedback. Anyone who’s a returning candidate isn’t likely to be completely satisfied with the preparatory resources they used, including Book 6. Anyway, I think Book 6 is a valuable use of your time in that it’ll acclimate you to the LII exam format and strengthen your understanding of the topics it covers. But its limitation is that unlike LI where the topic area weights are known with certainty, the LII topics can be weighted within a prescribed range and there’s a very real probability that an entire vignette can be dedicated to a very specific topic that isn’t your strength (and wasn’t covered well in Book 6, Book 7, or any other practice exam you took). So combine the vignette format of LII with its 120 questions (vs. the 240 of LI) and you’ve got some pretty concentrated risk, where every mistake is quite expensive. I’ll be using Book 6, and likely all the CFAI practice exams too. The more practice the better, but just keep in mind that come exam day, you’ll likely see some curve-balls. Just my $0.02.