Any moms on this board?

I seriously feel I will fail unless I start neglecting my son from now.

Bad plan. Your son is way more important than this stuppid exam.

If your son is 27, its a good thing.

thought it was a place to meet yummy mummy’s :0

Any MILFS in the Chicago area that would like to start a study group at my place?

I was called a mother f’er last night if that counts.

My colleague was pregnant when she was studying for CFA L1 last year. Didn’t make it but she gave it another shot (5mnts old son) in December and passed. It’s tough but you can do it, just set your priorities straight. You don’t get back the time and joy you have with your kid right now.

I think age of the son is a really important factor.

Mom of a 6 month old boy here- I hired a nanny to help me for the next 2 months, otherwise I didn’t see how I could pull it off. I am done with 2/3 of the material, I’ve done a pretty comprehensive review so far- I plan on finishing by the beginning of May and then spending May doing practice exams- as many as possible. I make flash cards when I’m studying and while I’m putting him to sleep at night I review them… what’s your plan? In June I plan on making it up to my son big time!!!

As a father of a 6 month old boy, I’d suggest you include your husband in the list of people to make up to big time in June!!!

Sponge Bob- good luck to you! Hope all us parents make it. My husband would definitely agree with you, he deserves some major appreciation!

What was the date? Sept 22nd here.

this is making me feel young. i saw an old guy, with white hair, probably around 40, holding a L2 book…

My son is 2. I am not going to neglect him for sure. As I said, my husband already help as much as he can, but he is also very busy with his work. I am not complaining, just venting. I know this may sound obnoxious, but I can’t bear the idea of failing. I’ve never failed any exam before! I passed level I while I was 6 month pregnant. It was nothing, being pregnant is way more easier than being a mom. :)) Out of the 18 study sessions, I finished 11. But I seriously feel I need a 2nd round read. I plan to finish most of the reading by early May. Then use May to go over all the materials and questions. My boss will give me one week off right before the exam, which is my last hope. For this, I forgive the low wage he is paying me. :slight_smile: Sponge_Bob and Smokn’hot, thank you for your words.

another mum here…my 13 year old is fine if I “neglect” him, my 6 yo daughter now prefers her dad ;-( this is not a fun exam to do if you are a parent…on the other hand you do get to experience the complete, full range of negative emotions which I’m sure counts for something. as for plans… I do 2 - 3 hours per day, either after my daughter goes sleep or my hubby takes them out for a couple of hours on the weekend.

hot cfa mom’s…this is beginning to sound like a craigslist scam. I’m in.

No, it’s more like a support group for CFA addicts.

tingsheng, COULDN’T AGREE MORE!!! I have a 14 month old, and literally this morning started thinking I need to start neglecting him to study. It’s such an awful feeling. I am going to start taking some vacation days to study during the week. Thanks so much for posting because i don’t think there are too many moms out there studying for this. It’s also really nice your boss is giving you the last week off. I’m taking off. Good luck!!

I’m a mom of a 13mos old…I was going to post but you beat me to it! :slight_smile: I’m only half way through the readings…all I’m doing is reading and making sure I understand but not retaining much…I figure that will come when I do the practice problems and exams…so far nothing too complicated but a lot to memorize…I’m also making very detailed flashcards as I read. Btw, I’m only reading Schweser, are you too? I couldn’t fit the time in for the actual books. I plan to be finished w/ readings by mid April and then practices exams over and over again until the exam. I think the most important part of your success in studying is having your husband be on board to help. If you can, hiring a nanny to come on the weekends would be helpful. Here’s my weekly schedule, hopes this help you. Mon-Fri-I can ONLY study 8-11pm, baby duties and demanding job. Saturday, I get to study from 12-6 or so…hubby is with son while I study. Sunday, I hang out w/ family and then study from 8-11pm…and then repeat the week all over again. We have our nanny coming every other Saturday’s starting next week to give my hubby a day off. We’ve also hired a house cleaner who comes every 2 weeks too. I think I mentioned my husband brings dinner every night right?..It’s a cost I’m willing to pay if it gives me a fighting chance to pass. I’ve already started taking vacation days to study but it doesn’t really work…there’s always something to do…if you do, make sure you’re in that mindset to just study! After I finish all my readings, I plan to take 5 pto days off to do all the practices questions and help kick start the mock exams…then 3 weeks before the exam, I’m going to take thurs/Friday off to prep for the exam…my son is with our nanny during my working hours so it helps tremendously and I also work for a company that “gives” me 5 days off for the CFA. Thank you to all the mom’s on here! Only mom’s understand how difficult it is and if you’re a single mom, WOW!!! The process of just prepping for the exam is something to recognize, regardless if you pass…although I would hate to do this again! Please share your schedules if you can…I hope I’m doing enough! I can’t see where I can fit in more.

bmwhype Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > this is making me feel young. i saw an old guy, > with white hair, probably around 40, holding a L2 > book… Hey… that was me. And it’s blonde, not white!