stating the obvious but

so i started doing the end of chapter vignette problems in the cfai text. if you are using mostly schweser for your studies, i would make sure to do all of these text problems. i just feel like some questions on the test will be very similar to one of these. you know, like how in level 1, you swore you saw some of the exact questions from the online tests? i think i will finish all of these (the vignette, multiple choice, not the open ended) before i finish the schweser qbank. they just seem more realistic and better practice for the real deal… again. i know i’m stating the obvious, but still, someone might find it helpful.

Are all the problems vignette in CFAI (I could look, but am lazy)?

no, they aren’t. there are a bunch of open ended ones too. that’s what caught me off guard today. i was making flashcards in the corporate finance book and ran into like 6 or 7 vignettes with 6 problems attached to each. and one of them was an actual problem set from the 2006 test. i got distracted from the cards and solved problems for the next 3 hours. i don’t know if there are that many in other sections. i don’t think there is in quant. but it gave me a good feel for what the real test might look like. figure you can find the holes in schweser , if they exist, by seeing how well you do with these questions.

Good plan. We should start a thread listing all the vignettes found in the CFAI books.

you’re right…this is helpful for some people…moi! i haven’t touched the CFAI books…not since the day they arrived 2 months ago! I was totally depending on schweser…but taking l2 last year made me realize that exam day questions can look completely alien! I guess relying on CFAI style vignettes makes much more sense… thanks! PS: I like the idea of the thread listing all the vignetts as and when people fine them…will be really helpful!

count me in!! I am alien to CFAI texts too… btw, where did I keep them actually?

I totally agree with you on the CFAI questions. Seems to be much more realistic. A lot of the test bank questions just don’t do much justice to the vignette format. Although I think the test questions on the exam may be a little bit easier than the CFAI end of chapter Q’s just because of the 3 minute time limit. At least I hope they are easier.

I already made a note for myself saying I have to do these some time late April.