Schweser "Book Seven" Difficulty

Hey guys, Has anyone taken a look at books 6 or 7 yet? I’m wondering if the difficulty is similar to LI where the 2nd exam book was noticeably more difficult. I was using some book 7 questions to supplement concept checker questions and was getting smoked. I printed out all of the solutions for book seven but want to keep the book 6 exams for later so that I can use to performance tracker to see roughly where I stand. I realize that I could just set up qbank tests; this was just my method for LI and I’m sticking to what worked, whether right or wrong. Thanks. PS; this isn’t an offer to send out the solutions to book seven exams.

The consensus seems to be that Book 7 is quite significantly more difficult than the exams and many of the questions are just unreasonably difficult. I think those questions are more about stimulating thinking than preparing you for the actual questions. Book 6 seems to be of similar difficulty (edit: to the actual exam) but reasonable people disagree.

Right; that was my impression, I assumed that LII’s practice material would be structured similarly. I had more time for LI and my idea was that overkill and passing would be better than the alternative. The timeframe is definately tighter this time around, I’m thinking I might have to switch up the plan. Thanks JoeyD.

Book 7 was my secret weapon in L1. Definitely stimulated my thinking, and book 6 was easy after dropping back down. I don’t have it this year though. I know a lot of people hate it, anybody who doesn’t want it is free to send it to me!

Book 7 definitly “stimulated thinking” but I think for me that was completely offset by the amount of confidence it killed. After taking on AM or PM section of a Book 7 test, I sat there and wondered if I had actually learned anything at all after studying for 3 months. I think my best score on one was 65%, and I guessed a lot on that one. I agree book 6 seemed like a cake walk after that, but I don’t really think I learned anything at all from book 7, except that shouting explitives suddenly in a dead silent house will send a 6 month pregnant woman into a fit of rage at you. If it was free, it would be one thing, but I would think my money would be better spent on some more Schweser online tests that are similar to book 6. or on booze. or something.

The package I got came with both exam books, if the option was there I would have taken the bottle of whiskey instead. My GF puts in earplugs when I’m doing practice questions; she said her heartbeat was getting too erratic. I’ve tried to adjust by insulting questions in the margin: WTF?? FU PBO! A colleague of mine photocopied a practice exam from LI and called me laughing out loud; I’d forgotten to erase my ‘comments’ and had written dnky fckr! in the margin of an ethics q I missed.

I’ll trade you a bottle of whiskey for Book 7… Can I send whiskey from Canada to US?

I’m in wpg, should save you any border issues!

Sounds good… cheakes@hotmail.com

Sorry change of heart, I’m going to hang on to bk 7 for the time being at least until I run through the areas I’m weakest in. I’ll probably be able to use the bottle after that. Anyone around here feel like giving up bk 7 for Dimes27??

Book 7 is WAY harder than the exam, almost to the point of not helping matters. Book 6 is WAY easier than the exam but closer to the actual exam by FAR than book 7.

Use book 7 for additional ethics questions, but other than that, I agree with Caspian - almost so hard it is a waste of time.

I didn’t even look at Book 7 for Level I last year. Based on how Book 6 was smoking my ass I didn’t think that I would gain anything from it. Honestly, I thought that the actual exam was easier than Book 6 (which, if memory serves, I never got above a 70% on). However, I was >70 in every topic save for econ on the actual exam.

Ditto on feeling that the real LI exam was easier than Book 6. I think in the days right before the exam I scored an 80% on some of the last Book 6 exams. Also, I tried one Book 7 exam for LI about 2 weeks before the exam and scored 54%. I was running out of time, and thought that exam was extremely hard. I do not think any questions on the actual exam looked anything like the Book 7 questions.