Reality Check

Ok help me out here. Is it just me or is there a HUGE amount of repeat material from the Dec level I exam? I mean, I knocked out forty pages of PM last night in a little over an hour. And it’s not just PM. I read ethics ONCE, very quickly and scored 70+% on Qbank tests. A lot of quant, econ, FSA, and corporate finance was the same. Don’t get me wrong, there is definitely new material, but huge portions are repeat from level I. Is anyone else noticing the same thing? Maybe I’m losing it… Just need a sanity check. Happy Sunday.

Yes, there definitely is more repeat material than I had expected. But I also have to say that some of the remainder is a lot harder than the averge L1 material from last December.

I would not get all excited and think the test is like level 1; you will be in for a rude awkening on June 7.

agree there is a lot of overlap (especially in PM and some FSA…but it will be harder. I only wish they retested TVM calculations.

i think we’re lucky that we’re taking level 2 during the transition period of materials hahah…

John Harris said that this is a crucial year for L2 candidates to pass b/c there will be new material added next year as a result of changing legislation that will be a real B**tch. I dont recall exactly what is expected to be tested, btu I do remember him stressing that you need to get through it this year. Maybe i’ll shoot him an email and ask.

I think it was about accounting for derivatives. Apparently they a pain in the ass to account for and this is the first year that CFAI has included the topic in their materials.

There is a alot of repeat but for whatever reason I’ve spent the entire day doing fixed income/derivatives qbank questions and am seeing little progress. Anyone else having trouble with fixed inc/derivatives? I don’t know why it won’t stick.

did ok with the fixed income and options and …but the FRA’s and Interest Rate Swaps absolutely KILLED ME.

I heard from wikipedia that the L2 test is the same as L1 but they inverted the answer choices. Thus the only new thing you need to remember for L2 is to choose B where you would normally guess C. I heard that tripped alot of people up last year.

haha