PM - Wasn't expecting that brick wall

As I repeat I was expecting to breeze through PM. Looks as though they added a whole lot more material. Might have to spend all day on just the first couple chapters.

I told you it wasn’t Micke Mouse:)

I just finished the Schweser PM. I know I know I need to re-read the parts on ICAPM and Extended CAPM and the real rates with the pricing basket problems. For some reason, the Treynor Black weighting formula has stuck in my head. Very odd.

Don’t read PM from Schweser. Please do yourself a favor and read it from the Curriculum- slowly. You will understand everything much better. And don’t lose of the big picture. That’s what’s important. It was probably easier for me because I’ve gone through all this in my MBA classes. I did use another book to learn the same stuff. If you can, then get hold of an MBA book on Investments.

ruhi22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t read PM from Schweser. Please do yourself a > favor and read it from the Curriculum- slowly. You > will understand everything much better. And don’t > lose of the big picture. That’s what’s important. > > > It was probably easier for me because I’ve gone > through all this in my MBA classes. I did use > another book to learn the same stuff. If you can, > then get hold of an MBA book on Investments. PM from the CFAI books?!! reallly…is that absolutely necessary…I was hoping to just do the end of the chapter problems…and not have to read the text…i’ve already read all of schweser…is PM much different in CFAI?

I seriously don’t see what is so hard about the PM section. I have heard many many times over the past year that PM for L2 is hard as sh!!, but I’m not seeing it. This is just rehashing of CAPM and APT related stuff over, and over, and over again. Am I missing something?

Are we expected to know all the formulas for Treynor black? the way it was worded in the LOS makes it seem like we are not expected to? For those who took it last year, did they test on the treynor black formulas or just concept/process?

mumukada Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ruhi22 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Don’t read PM from Schweser. Please do yourself > a > > favor and read it from the Curriculum- slowly. > You > > will understand everything much better. And > don’t > > lose of the big picture. That’s what’s > important. > > > > > > It was probably easier for me because I’ve gone > > through all this in my MBA classes. I did use > > another book to learn the same stuff. If you > can, > > then get hold of an MBA book on Investments. > > > PM from the CFAI books?!! reallly…is that > absolutely necessary…I was hoping to just do the > end of the chapter problems…and not have to read > the text…i’ve already read all of schweser…is > PM much different in CFAI? If you’ve understood that’s there in schweser and are comfortable with all the problems, then you should be fine.

a good mba book on investments is bodie kane and marcus that goes by that that exact title.