encouragement? i think not.

so i was sitting in starbucks yesterday minding my own business. earplugs in. looking very antisocial, which i am when i study for this test. a chick walks up to me and taps my shoulder. “what level?”. i say 2, not in an inviting, let’s have a chat way. then she goes, i took level 2 four times and quit after failing last year. good luck. and walks away. WTF??? is that encouragement? i think not. then today i saw a chick studying in there with the blue schweser notes. think that’s level 3. i was an envious, jealous, **** for a sec there. what is this test doing to me?

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so i was sitting in starbucks yesterday minding my > own business. earplugs in. looking very > antisocial, which i am when i study for this test. > a chick walks up to me and taps my shoulder. > “what level?”. i say 2, not in an inviting, let’s > have a chat way. then she goes, i took level 2 > four times and quit after failing last year. good > luck. and walks away. WTF??? is that > encouragement? i think not. > Don’t pay any attention to her. You know you aren’t going to be on this board for the next four years. No way she put in the prep that you are. > then today i saw a chick studying in there with > the blue schweser notes. think that’s level 3. i > was an envious, jealous, **** for a sec there. In due time.

I would have laughed in her face.

Get her number, virgin jokes of course

my daughter must be jesus and my wife mary. the immaculate conception.

lmfao

That sucks… I think there are a lot of haters out there when it comes to the CFA. Usually by disgruntled individuals that couldn’t pass it. I’ve come across it a lot but usually it’s by people saying the CFA is a waste of time and time would be better spent working and learning in real world vs. studying. Hopefully I’ll get this sucker passed in 1 year and 60 days and won’t turn into one of the disgruntled.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so i was sitting in starbucks yesterday minding my > own business. earplugs in. looking very > antisocial, which i am when i study for this test. > a chick walks up to me and taps my shoulder. > “what level?”. i say 2, not in an inviting, let’s > have a chat way. then she goes, i took level 2 > four times and quit after failing last year. good > luck. and walks away. WTF??? is that > encouragement? i think not. > I sent her. Glad to see she finally got around to your city. I squandered a significant portion of my recently awarded severance pay to hire a few girls to walk up to anyone studying for the CFA in Starbucks, public libraries, etc, and spook them a bit. Hope she didn’t rattle you too much :wink:

Lol. wasn’t shaken. (although i posted about it, so maybe i was) but i could see how failing repeatedly could make you a bit bitter. like my boss who got his charter when the pass rate was 99% (j/k) said, " if it were easy, cheerleaders would be doing it." no offense to former and current cheerleaders who are pursuing the charter, by the way. unless you were a male cheerleader, then you deserve it.

I’ve been surprised too by the number of Level II burnouts I’ve met.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Lol. wasn’t shaken. (although i posted about it, > so maybe i was) but i could see how failing > repeatedly could make you a bit bitter. like my > boss who got his charter when the pass rate was > 99% (j/k) said, " if it were easy, cheerleaders > would be doing it." no offense to former and > current cheerleaders who are pursuing the charter, > by the way. unless you were a male cheerleader, > then you deserve it. Well, I guess it’s easy then. No offense taken, I’m used to stereotypes. In fact, I have one of my own: “If it was easy, so many grown men wouldn’t cry about it…”

ahhh. nothing like a good 'ol fashioned man-cry.

My coworker has failed LII 4 times as well. He has not completely quit, but took this year off. I have not decided yet if he was just unprepared, unintelligent or has bad test taking skills. Either way, it seems like LII is a whole different ballgame from LI.

I have heard many similar stories. I personally know this one guy that finished his MSc Fin with a 4.2 average and quit level 2 after 3 fails.

wow. this is starting to become a very negative thread. i didn’t mean it to become that. we all also know of many people that passed on their first attempt. so let’s focus on that. yes, it’s harder than L1, it’s not easy, but we can do it. now i’m a male cheerleader.

Also, how many of them were on AF 24/7. I will pass this exam on June 7th, 2008!

THAT’S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. *shakes pompoms*

failing an exam 4 times is really a shame, i dont know why she is telling others about it…

Summa cum laude graduate from one of the top schools in Europe… failed L2 three times and quit. He’s scaring the shit out of me since he told me this last week. He’s MBA, FRM and working as senior portfolio manager for quite a few years now.

There was another thread similar to this a few days ago. I wouldn’t even bump this thread if it were May or something. But there are 60 days left until the exam. Plenty of time to get scared AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!