HOURS STUDIED SO FAR?

Do you guys keep track of number of hours you have studied? So far I have studied / read about 40hrs …

i figure with 50 pages/day at about 2-3 hrs a day, i’ve done about 150-200 hrs.

Just a back-of-envelope calculation here… but not enough… and at the same time too many.

ditto.

nodes Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 480, 'am slow learner christ!!! I thought I was bad at 160 odd… i’ll admit…i’m a geek…been keeping daily track…did it last year too…helps me guage how fast/slow I am…and to plan ahead…!

any use hours spent? any correlation between retention and hours spent? especially if u read only one without practicing repeatedly?

about 60 so far…

prob more around 200 but still feel like i’m starting right now… :frowning:

not enough…

You all are out of control, i am halfway through and am probably close to 100…couldn’t find the number of hours in my life that have been tossed around if i had started back in Sept. for this. BTW, how many are retaking and how many started when they found out about Level I pass in late January?

maybe 200 -250 hrs hvent remember any formulas

Do the 250 hours last year count?

I passed L1 in January, got my CMA certification while waiting for results (to maintain study habits and build FSA since I wansn’t sure if I passed or not). When the CMA wrapped up in mid-Feb I started studying using the CFAI texts and doing all the practice questions as I went, I’m around 300 hours right now and entering portfolio management (last study session).

somewhere around 200ish

Yeah I keep track of mine in a spreadsheet. Hours spent so far: 175 FSA 62 QUANT 29 ECON 31 ETHICS 0 FI 25 EQUITY 7 CF 19 PM 2 DER 0

Wow black swan…thats impressive…300 hours since mid february?!? I wish…i feel like i am not even close to being able to take a practice exam, but know by end of April i should be through the material and taking practice exams for a month, thats when i really understand the material, have a hard time assimilating from reading and note taking solely…but witht he kind of hours you have committed i would imagine you feel pretty comfortable rightnow.

It’s been difficult and my work performance has suffered a bit. To be honest, I actually do feel pretty good about my level of preparation. There’s obviously stuff I need to review, but overall, I’ve been scoring 80-90% on the practice questions in the CFAI texts without stressing or reviewing. For LI I only had 7 weeks to study, using only CFAI texts, I finished my first read through 5 days before and that motivated me not to repeat the same mistakes this time around as that was very stressful.

around 150 here.

I don’t keep track of the hrs. But started Feb-end, 1 month after the L1 results were out and I still have Ethics, FSA and Econ to cover ;-(. It’s going to be well over 400-hrs for me come the exam day.