Did the CFAI changes change your prep style?

I failed Level 2 a few years ago and want to get back on the horse and try again, but I noticed the CFAI now forces us to buy the books, which are now all bundled together. How has this change affected your studying/prep style? Are people using the CFAI books more or still just the prep program stuff? I used Stalla when I prepared for Level 2 and generally liked it. Using the CFAI books was a very slow and grueling process for me, and I didn’t retain much, so obviously I’m concerned but still hopeful that the prep program stuff is still what many people are using. Thanks for any comments. Jeff

i’m a huge fan of schweser… but did you ever think maybe you failed because you only used the summary books?.. i’m loathing doing this, but i’ll be diving back into CFA for a comprehensive moderate scan again very soon. schweser is so much easier and more understandable, but you risk missing things with that approach. BTW, i’m sure if you could still avoid buying the books and i was on my own dime that i would seriously consider schweser only. so i’m not trying to bust op’s chops.

That should be a TV show “Everybody Loves Schweser”. Thanks for the comment. I think I failed due to not putting in the time either way. I’m not a fast reader so if I used the CFAI books it would probably take me 2 years to prepare! If I try again I will most likely use Stalla again. Just for fun I want to go back to my Stalla books and see how well they covered Treynor-Black. It seems to have messed up some people big time!

How about … “Schweser and the City” where a bunch of CFA-candidate ladies meet up regularly in a restro in NYC and discuss the concept checkers back of the book. How fun would that soap be… Or probably “Who wants to be a Charterholder?”. With 4 options and no life-lines.

i hope we get questions like this one: hxxp://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/moon-or-elephant.jpg