Is L2 doable only by studying the LOS from Qbank?

My plan is to first study the LOS from Qbank, do 50 questions per session, and then read in diagonal each session from the CFA books and re-do exercises. But basically that means that I’ll mostly be learning from the LOS in Qbank. By reading the Qbank LOS only, I’ve already covered 4 sessions in a very short time. Except for quant (62%, pretty poor), I’ve scored 72%, 78% and 82% on the other sessions (50Q per session, mix of easy medium and hard). Is this enough? It did the trick in L1, but will it be enough in L2? Thanks for the input!

AudioSolvay, I think you are taking a risk. it’s in your best interest to build a solid foundation. Reading Q-bank LOS won’t do that.

I cannot judge it but would advise you to do some official CFA mock exams early on to make sure you’re set for the CFAI-style exam.

Everyone learns differently however, I think that strategy may be underestimating the exam.

Clearly, you have underestimated the power of the level 2, young grasshopper. You will be dealt with in short order come Saturday morning.

what does read in diagonal mean??? interesting you did poorly in quant from that strategy. i know people have passed CFA2 just from schweser (i don’t know Qbank vs. readings vs. special sauce), but i think the CFA works hard to find areas where its readings are alot more comprehensive than schweser’s. if they chose randomly, then i think your type of strategy would be ok.

westbruin, he is not using Schweser Study Notes but Q-bank LOS answers (they are very brief).

maratkus, ok fair enough. that’s where i said i didn’t know… how achievable is only using schweser study notes considered? my opinion is that it would be very feasible if they didn’t intentionally choose areas where schweser is weak.

there are different opinions on the sufficiency of study notes. it seems like the concensus is that for the most part the notes are sufficient with a few exception (such as coverage of Treynor Black model last year).

Your strategy is certainly risky. But you may consider also solving questions at the end of the CFA text books to know your depth (or lack of it?) and readiness to pass questions… …but more importantly and unfortunately, you’ll be defeating the CBOK objective if you continue this passing streak…

Give it a shot. Let us know in August.

To plyon: it’s good to feel like a guinea pig! :slight_smile: Thanks for everyone’s input; seems like the general idea is that it’s a risky approach. I also think it’s a pretty risky tactic; however, if 75% - 80% on the Qbank questions is enough to be on the safe side, then I feel comfortable with this tactic (what is the “unofficial” rate to be safe for Qbank L2 questions anyway?) Will read through the material again though (half day per session), then more practice and defo mock exams.