John Harris and prior Prep

I have signed up for the John Harris class next week in NYC and don’t have time to go through SS 5,6 & 7 before. My question is will I be OK if I dont look over those SS? Will his class be so thorough and comprehensive that I dont really need to spend too much time reading through the SS’s after? I started studying very late this year as I got layed off from my job and have really been focusing my efforts on looking for another one! I took level 2 last year but didn’t pass. I am thinking that I should just keep moving ahead with other Study Sessions and hoping to rely on his 2 day intensive class to thoroughly prepare me for SS 5, 6 and 7. Any thoughts from people who took his class last year?

I personally had reviewed FSA once through with just Schweser before his Level I class. I’d strongly recommend doing the same before this class.

I can appreciate your situation, but man, c’mon. FSA is a hugely important topic and you’re asking if you can get away without studying it before or after his seminar?? With all due respect to Mr. Harris I would imagine you would still want to spend at least some time studying the subject matter before going into the exam. Good luck with your studies and job hunt.

Relying on only his 2 day class will not get you through FSA for this test. He gives you lots of notes and questions to do after you leave his class. In no way does he claim to fully prepare candidates for the FSA portion, but he does make things far easier to understand and remember.

it’s a good supplement, but you definitely will have to do the readings at some point. i agree with everyone else here, you should do a once over on the readings before you go. you’ll get the most benefit out of the class that way. (you’ve got a week, right?) he’s great, but he is not a guarantee that you will pass the fsa portion of the exam.

My goal is the following (doing the one in Chicago). I have completed the first reading of Schweser and the videos I am trying to get through all of the Q Bank questions except for SS 5-7…currently I have done all but Quant (3) and still have half of 13 remaining (so I should be there)…will probably do another read before the seminar and do the qbank afterwards. Once I do that…then I start on the practice exams…but I agree with the others…gotta do some prep to get the most out of it.