Friday Night - Role Call

Never seen AF so quiet. Anybody still banging their heads over the books? FASB 123(B) is ripping me apart since the last couple of hours.

Looks like you were the lone soldier on this one. Glad I was sleeping at 4:19am. Hopefully you got passed it.

The Warrior went down taking the daemons (‘FSA’) along. Ohh I have to agree, It was me and 2 cans of red-bull

and your back at it again. Good for you. I’m thinking i might have to go to the store and pick me up another red bull. How is the FSA coming. It takes awhile but when you get it all comes together.

Was going to start SS7. But looking at the Schweser-text, it’s feels like it’s the complete Level-1 FSA (The whole of CFA-L1-Book-3) compressed in around 30/40 pages. Holy Crap!! Think it’s the Grand Finale lesson. So will probably start the Multinational operations and keep SS7 for the very end.

Yeah SS#7 is a crazy one in my opinion. Pretty cool though when you successfully work through some of the big examples. Kind of helps put all that you learned into practice. For that I would recommend revisiting a lot of L1 notes. Not for very long but before you even venture down that chapter revisit-- Operating vs. Capatil. leases Lifo vs. Fifo Capitalizing Interest Off Balance Sheet transactions and formulas. Spend an hour with that before you hit #7 and it’ll help smooth things a long. Should help. How’d derivatives treat you?

I fell asleep working out some problems of Derivatives. So much to do, so little time. Even I was wondering why AF was so quiet last night. Friday night dating CFA books?

Thanks for the heads up GM!! Since I just gave L1, they seem to be pretty fresh on my mind (atleast I think so … lol). I love Derivatives and wanna make a living out of it. Though I don’t understand most of the stuff but it kinda fascinates me. So like it or not, I have to drink the derivatives stuff bottoms-up to break into the derivatives world some years down the line.

ruhi22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I fell asleep working out some problems of > Derivatives. So much to do, so little time. Even I > was wondering why AF was so quiet last night. > Friday night dating CFA books? ruhi, it’s been 51 dates for me with the CFA already and every day I wake up, the text is new to me (Am I playing the Adam Sandler DBM roles reversed!!)

I had to watch a replay of the Masters. No studying last night. I feel so guilty this morning.

I was studying, just didn’t have my comp with me, sorry dinesh.