Roll call?

Who’s still up and going strong at 10PDT/1EDT ? I’ve finally gotten my head fully around FCF models… but the FCInv with sales of assets and gains/losses on sales is still being troublesome. Leaving that for the final review. Here’s to sleeping in (until all of 10am) tomorrow

still here. frustrated my qbank scores are not improving.

I’m here, but I’m going to sleep. Just got done with practice exam 1 - 65%. Qbank scores are 74-75%. So I’ll take this as the message that I need to get 80% in qbank and then discount 10% for exam stress. I do have to commend Schweser b/c these exams are fairly intense. I’m taking part 2 on Sunday afternoon.

ed, i think 65 on your first practice exam is very solid. good work. i need to man up at some point and take one soon.

Thanks F1. I made it under the 3 hour time deadline, but it’s like, whoa…block out the time and make it happen. While humbling, its like running a marathon and we need to be in shape before walking in on June 7th. I also totally recommend that you do NOT look at the practice tests in anyway before you actually start to take them…meaning don’t scan for topics and casually glance at vignettes. Truly make it the first time you see when you sit down for the practice.

agreed. definitely will do one by next week.

I like the format of the practice exams a lot better than Q-bank. Took the first one today, and it is definitely much more realistic (and harder) because you usually have to sort through a large amount of information in order to solve the problems (as opposed to Q-bank where you are usually given the necessary inputs front and center). I haven’t adhered to the 3 hr limit as I kept getting interrupted, but I will try to stay more focused on the next practice exam. One thing that made L1 harder for me than it should have been was the leisurely pace that I usually went through the practice exams. It seemed like the hardest part of the actual exam for me was just staying focused. I think that by working harder/faster on the practice tests, I will be better prepared on June 7th.

the vignette style is definitely the best way to prepare… it only makes sense that we practice vignettes if the test is that way. i agree that is the most significant drawback to the qbank.

I am toooooooooooooo tired, still the party must go on, else I will not be able to survive the blast on the 7th.

Still up - 12.30am mountain std time. I hate to say it, but losing hope man. I know that positive thinking helps, but sometimes the truth’s a b%#$h. Time to relax and call it a night i guess.