MBA Q: If you have the time.

Guys I need to make a fast decision, and would appreciate your inputs. I got accepted into two schools: 1) UNC - Chapel Hill, and 2) DePaul I am leaving soon and need to make my final decision. I know UNC’s MBA program is way more reputable and better ranked than DePaul, yet DePaul offers a one year MBA program. So my question: is the value added from attending a top ranked school justify the addtional one year study? Ps: I’m attending either school full-time. thanks.

Why the frick would you ask this on the LII forum? Get on the general forum along with all the other CFA/MBA threads.

UNC is better than Depaul. Depaul is consistently getting in top 10 MBA programs for part-time. If you are interested in working in finance, Chicago might provide you better opportunities for internships, Co-ops etc. Just my 2 cents.

DePaul, the name UNC does not justify the extra year on your resume.

chrismaths Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why the frick would you ask this on the LII forum? > Get on the general forum along with all the other > CFA/MBA threads. Haha, and yet somehow I always get the bad rap for being negative. Anyhow, if you’re going to do 1 year at a non-top tier school just go masters of finance, carries more cred.

I have a follow up question that relates. Assuming you have an undergrad degree in finance, and you have completed the CFA (or you are trying to) wouldn’t a lot of the material in a two year MBA program be redundant?

The reputation is a big deal and will surely shoot for UNC.If for instance you want to get into Investment Banking,you stand a better chance with UNC vs Depaul. On the other hand if you want to work in Corporate Finance,then you will be better off with DePaul since you will save a lot of money with the One year MBA.

Dapper425 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have a follow up question that relates. Assuming > you have an undergrad degree in finance, and you > have completed the CFA (or you are trying to) > wouldn’t a lot of the material in a two year MBA > program be redundant? I believe so, hence I am planning to major in a different specialization, either in Finance (ex. Behavioral Finance) or Marketing (just to have an edge).