BSAS

Anyone taking the BSAS mock exam this year? I’m doing it on May 19th and was wondering who else has signed up for this test. Last year I found it to be quite close to the real thing and great practice.

you should have passed as this is close to real thing right? well, hope i could get a copy for practice!

You can: http://www.bsas.org/pe/

I’m taking it. I actually downloaded the exam and printed it, so I’ll take it myself when I’m ready.

Just downloaded it … am planning to do it in a couple of weeks - still have plenty to do before my first full length practice exam I sat the BSAS Level 1 practice exam last yr. I took it as if I was taking the real thing. Strange room, slience, 3 hrs per session etc etc. I found that it really helped me focus for level 1 Do people want to use this tread to post their scores (like poeple did June last yr). Am interested to see how poeple get on with it Not long now …

Good idea. I remember scoring 63% on L1 last year in this test really made me wake up. Looking forward to seeing your scores.

I got 40% last yr (2 weeks before the lvl 1 exam) !!! Had a real shocker - but learnt ALOT from it !! Dont want to be cutting it that fine this yr !!

I just registered to take it on the 17th. It is very similar to the style that you’ll see on the real exam and it is conducted to simulate the exam with the same start time, etc. Unlike CFAI, you get to take the test home with you along with a fairly detailed answer key with explanations.

i just confirmed that the san francisco society makes their own exam. (which i am taking in may) i’ve only heard great things about the bsas one. worth the dough? i’m already planning on the sf test, all the cfai online and book 6. not sure if i need the bsas.

we dump enough dough in that if you’re looking for another great practice test, def worth the $$. i took L1 last year and especially FSA was great in terms of depth of the questions- the test was harder than the real thing IMO. on most I liked their solutions, some would’ve liked a bit more detail since you’re shelling out the $$, but if you need more details, that’s why this forum is great- it’s a built in answer guide. i’m not sure i’ll do it this year just b/c i probably with book 6 and the CFA online ones will barely finish those, but if I do have the time, i’ll be looking into it for a good *ss kicking from BSAS before June 7th. so thumbs up from last year’s L1 at least

I got a copy of the Level 1 BSAS exam last year for ~$30 from a local society that I didn’t even belong to. I’m hoping to find the same deal again.

i write it on may3. im going to scan it and offer it to all the lurkers on the forum, and send them viruses instead

May 17th for me.

I might do it this year since stalla is not offering. For those of you who did it in the past - do they compare your scores to the other candidates taking the exam with you? Would be nice to know where you stand in comparison with everybody else…

blueuser Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I might do it this year since stalla is not > offering. For those of you who did it in the past > - do they compare your scores to the other > candidates taking the exam with you? Would be nice > to know where you stand in comparison with > everybody else… The BSAS mock last year was self-graded. They didn’t collect scores. I agree with banni, the FSA was great for L1 (many qualitative questions that were harder than the actual exam). I can’t sit for the mock this year as it falls on my daughter’s second birthday. I’ll buy it and take it on my own time…

anyone know how the BSAS exams compare to the SASF mock exams?

what is sasf? san fran mock test? if so, i’ll know in a couple of weeks. i ponied up the 60 bucks to take the mock. i hope it doesn’t suck.

Well sf1 we can always trade :wink:

I plan to do Book 6 and take all the CFAI online exams. For Level 1 last year it was only $100, now they want $150 for Level 2? I think $150 for one exam is a bit much…it’s worth it though if it puts me over the edge.

mcpass. yes.