Rude Awakening

Ok so I finished the entire qbank (3800+ questions) with an average score of 74-75% and so I decided to take the first practice exam. I tried simulating exam conditions with the noise etc…i.e (did the test while watching American Idol on regular sound). Ended up getting a 52. Not very encouraging.

BTW this was the Schweser Exam 1 (AM section)…to get an idea of other candidates. They showed 418 people having completed the exam with and average of 62.

you are ahead of everyone already. I’m sure with 30+ days to go, you can improve your performance.

Oh man, wait till exam 1 pm…it makes the AM test seem like a nice stroll on the beach

jasonindc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok so I finished the entire qbank (3800+ > questions) with an average score of 74-75% and so > I decided to take the first practice exam. > > I tried simulating exam conditions with the noise > etc…i.e (did the test while watching American > Idol on regular sound). > > Ended up getting a 52. > > Not very encouraging. Where are you taking the test? I didn’t think NYC was even that bad…but I guess I’m not one to complain… Anyhow…I guess I should really start thinking about finishing up shweser Book 5…You are about 150 pages, 3800 q bank questions, and 1 practice test ahead of me…and I feel perfectly fine.

I can’t believe you people who do all of the q-bank questions, that’s pretty impressive. I just re-review the material over and over and do some questions. By exam day I can recite the schweser notes in my sleep. I will of coarse do lots of practice exams for the last 3 weeks.

I am taking it in DC (not that there was noise)…according to Schweser there was rock concert going on during an exam in Atlanta.

You finished all the questions??? I am blocking this thread.

well done, however before everyone freaks out the q-bank questions are not a fair representation of the real exam. do the hard ones (i have done none of them yet) and then just do past papers. i may just swerve the q-bank as dont want to panic too much, do all the end of chapter questions in the cfai material and then past papers… …either way, i need a rocket up my @rse

Do a quick review before 2 am, that one was kicking my ass before I gave up last night. Keep grinding!

The American Idol is what did it. Seriuosly man, retake it in a quiet environment and check out the difference. I wouldn’t recommend repeating that practice, when you study or work on CFA materials you should be focused and in a good environment. If you need to practice working under distractions, use crosswords in a nursury or something, but don’t mix it with the CFA material, it could be counter productive in terms of retention.

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You finished all the questions??? > > I am blocking this thread. do it, this guys got me freaking out here, im not even done a 1/4!!!

everyone’s got me freaking out. Honestly as helpful as everyone is on the AF this forum it also stresses me at times. Each night I have been putting in a nice session and my confidence is increasing. Then I log in here to see that someone has just finished their 16th practice exam and is worried they are only scoring 87% on derivatives, or someone has just finished their 37,590th Q bank question and has only read the CFAi books 5 times and time is running out! Deep Breath: Relax.

jasonindc would you mind sending me an email at cpkrish@yahoo.com Thanks CP

cpk123…just sent you an email. do to popular demand…lets close this thread…I was trying to make the point that the qbank was not indicative of an actual sample test. sitting down to take part 2 of Exam 1 now.

Just did 1am and scored 53%… lots of work to do. When reviewing with the original CFAI books I still had to leave 8 questions open… reviewing them on the Schweser site tomorrow. Damn this sucks.

i think i may take a test later on today… not sure if my fragile ego is ready for it.

keep us updated cfasf1.

Dapper425 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > everyone’s got me freaking out. Honestly as > helpful as everyone is on the AF this forum it > also stresses me at times. Each night I have been > putting in a nice session and my confidence is > increasing. Then I log in here to see that someone > has just finished their 16th practice exam and is > worried they are only scoring 87% on derivatives, > or someone has just finished their 37,590th Q bank > question and has only read the CFAi books 5 times > and time is running out! > > Deep Breath: Relax. Dapper, that’s why 3 months before the exam, I never frequented these forums unless I needed help on a specific question. I think it’s important to keep to your own schedule and not be distracted by others.

I’ve been able to do the Q-Bank at work. It doesn’t look like I’m working to passerby’s but it looks a whole lot better then having your books out.