I've hit a wall and think I am screwed for this exam

Dudes, As some of you know, I flew home last Thursday (from Chicago to Canada) for my buddy’s wedding and my parents’ 40th anniversary celebration. It was an insanely quick trip (out Thurs afternoon - back Tues afternoon) and I had every intention of trying to AT LEAST do some Q-bank questions on the flights both ways. Well, that didn’t happen. Then, since I only get home a couple times a year, my weekend was so ridiculously jam-packed with family, friends, this wedding all day Saturday and then setting up for this huge party for 75 people at my P’s house that was catered by my brother. Long story short, I didn’t touch my books, laptop or even THINK about this shite. I was purely focused on my family and having a good time, much to the encouragement of a lot of people to just have a weekend to relax, as I was on the verge of burnout. Getting back here to CHI, I’m now missing home big-time and that’s all I can seem to think about was the good times I had over the weekend. I haven’t touched anything and really lost all hope. I haven’t even finished doing Schweser questions from the end of the chapters and I was hoping to be on sample exams by this time. The worst part is, I don’t even feel the drive…almost like I’ve psyched myself out of this thing. I haven’t even been on the board here over the past 1.5 weeks really and have missed everything you guys have covered. I know I shouldn’t bother sharing this negative energy or vibes, but I was fired up a few weeks ago and genuinely believed I could pass this thing this time and now I feel like I don’t know anything. Does anybody else feel helpless like me right now? Man, this sucks!

Dude: You have over 4 weeks to study and a great base to build upon. We all know the last 4 weeks is the key to passing this thing, so dive in this weekend. The water is cold as hell, but once you are in for a while, it’s not that bad.

well i don’t know if this helps at all but I am just doing the concept checkers at the end of readings and still need to cover 1 SS for the first time. I think you have enough time.

Zim, still a month left. i start feeling like that anytime i do anything outside the cfa program. the whole losing focus/guilt thing. so what you’re going through is completely normal. like during golf last week, i had a blow up hole and i was like, wtf am i doing playing golf? am i going to be tiger woods? just ease in with a 30 question qbank quiz or something and get back on this forum. you’ll find that you are not that off track at all and just decided to have some time off and it was worth it. we’re allowed.

You did more important things. You shouldn’t feel guilty about it. There is still time. You’re going to get there. Don’t give up.

Thanks boys - it’s weird, it was like I was in a completely different world back home with famiy and friends and then all of a sudden I got dropped back into reality. I just need to get over being kind of homesick I guess? I just feel like I’ve lost hope in MYSELF, and that’s a terrible feeling.

Zim, I had exactly the same feeling when I went back in my home country for a vacation…and I could not work for a while. Then I realized I had to capitalize on the good times I had there and use it as an extra motivation. I just told myself : " you had a wonderful time away from this c rap, now go back and fight.’ And when you feel down, just try to think about some positive stuff. It worked for me, it shall work for you. And don’t think about not having opened a book. It’s past, now you have plenty of time to be back to it and kill this exam! Good luck, I am sure you will be back on track soon.

Nicol - thanks for that boost. You’re right…similar to what my mom’s been telling me to focus on the good times and not be down about it. I need to turn that around for me and just try and get into it tonight. Cheers!

I am in the same boat zimzim. I had an ex-girlfriend come in town last weekend, I had a blast, and now that is all I can think about.

Zimmer, I will end this right now. Think about all the chicks you will take down in Chi when you tell them you are a level 3 candidate. Done.

Do chicks in Chicago really go for that?

Don’t act like you don’t know Joey

Chicks will go for anything if you say it right.

“Do chicks in Chicago really go for that?” Chicks everywhere go for Level 3 candidates…even LA. Just this week while in Hawaii I told Elisha Cuthbert that I was a level II candidate, she said, if I were a 3, she’d leave the douche she’s with immediately.

Get back in line soldier. We repend tonight.

Haha, I can always count on my old stalwarts around here. 3L, Turkish…my Canuck boys, Casp, Pink, everyone else, thanks for the positive vibes. I definitely want to use the level 3 card on the beach this summer. Joey, when you come to visit, we’ll all go out on the town and demonstrate the power of the CFA. Turk - sorry to hear about Cuthbert…you know those Calgary chicks can be stingy sometimes.

Geez, I’ve never heard of an office that has “Wear a skirt to work Friday”. Pathetic Zim, I’m really dissappointed…next it will be “my boss went on a cruise and I had to do all her work while she was gone”.

During my level 1 tour I took a 10 day trip to visit family in hawaii about 6 weeks out. I distinctly remember taking my fixed income book to read on the long flights and get in at least a couple hours a day at the beach. I think I lasted 20 min on the flight, and once there the stupid book was just a huge burden that constantly made me feel guilty about my trying to have fun on vaca. I disposed of it by day 3 and decided I would forget about the exam altogether and enjoy myself. Once I got back I was really refreshed for the final stretch and was once again able to put in some **productive** study time. Looking back- I think the break benefited me.

Sorry Spongey - it cuts like a knife…and, every…body hurts…sometime.

Please stop before you begin quoting Canadian lyrics.