WTF am I doing up?

Okay, so I get home last night around 1:30am, have something to eat, watch TV 'til about 2:30 and then lights out. Totally thinking I’m gonna sleept until at least 9 or 10 today, fully rested and start killing things. WELL, I’ve been up for over an hour rolling around in bed, heart racing, mind racing…going over and over ERAT and APT model inputs in my head. NOT EVEN FIVE HOURS OF SLEEP. I’m now up and wide awake and totally pissed. The sun was shining through my blinds and I couldn’t calm myself down anymore…mind was just going over ERAT over and over. WTF is wrong with me? Now I’m prob gonna crash hard later unless I get myself all hepped up on goofballs. Just felt like venting about my 4.5 hrs of sleep. Way to start another taxing day. F@CK!

just find the zim within

Zim, if you’d like to change places with me, I’d be happy to switch. My baby decided to practice crawling at 2 AM and so I was up, pacing the hallway with him while he crawled around, with my index cards in one hand, all bleary eyed, and totally panicking that I’m never going to pass this exam! I never in my life thought it was possible to study so much for something and feel so far from being able to pass!! But today is a new day, and coffee is my friend. Good luck on your studies today!

smokin’hot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Zim, if you’d like to change places with me, I’d > be happy to switch. My baby decided to practice > crawling at 2 AM and so I was up, pacing the > hallway with him while he crawled around, with my > index cards in one hand, all bleary eyed, and > totally panicking that I’m never going to pass > this exam! I never in my life thought it was > possible to study so much for something and feel > so far from being able to pass!! But today is a > new day, and coffee is my friend. Good luck on > your studies today! Smokin’ - yes, my problems are minimal compared to what I imagine you are going through. I only have to worry about me…and I’m STILL feeling helpless and way behind, even most of the people on the board here. I guess I’ll make the most of being up at the a$$-crack of dawn today and start hikin’ the pipe. Let’s kick it today, kids@!

This is called CFA Fever

Dude, Ive already taken an entire practice exam and its 9:35. Get outta bed!

Hahahha, Casp - impressive. I’ve been outta bed for about 1.5 hrs but had to share my frustrations. Gonna go repent for my sins and then start kickin’ it!

I can’t remember the last time I slept past 6:00. I can go to bed at 4:30 doped up on a Heath Ledger cocktail of sleep meds and I still wake up at 6:00.

yeah, i did the caffeine last night to stay up… but the very late night studying doesn’t seem worth it. i’d rather do 7 am studying over 2 am studying… but remember, somewhere we are going to run out of time.

Stop dancing with Mr. Brownstone. That old man is a real mutherfvcker.

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stop dancing with Mr. Brownstone. That old man is > a real mutherfvcker. Hahahaha, it’s all YOUR doing!

“Hahahha, Casp - impressive. I’ve been outta bed for about 1.5 hrs but had to share my frustrations. Gonna go repent for my sins and then start kickin’ it!” FWIW, I am quickly coming to the realization that I cannot pass the exam. While I am confident that I have a fair amount of knowledge with regards to all the topics, I cant seem to get up well into the 70s. So I wake up and do practice exams and such but it doesnt seem to be doing anything at this point. I have the quantitative stuff down pat, but of course the qualitative questions dominate the exam.

Casp - I echo that. Need to circle back to the core readings and drill drill drill…easier said than done.

Obviously Im going to continue studying for the next two weeks (ugh) but Im not sure what it does at this point. Diminishing returns HAS to be setting in. I think the best course of action is to just read the CFA texts as much as possible.

Keep hammering man. This board is great for a lot of things, but one thing I find is that it makes me think I don’t know sh*t because the questions people raise are on the fringes of the material. I disagree on the dimininshing returns observation. Right now I am going through my personal notes and the highlighted portion of my Schweser texts. It is scary when I come across something new and I think to myself “it is two weeks out and I am still learning new material.” But that is a good thing, right? Revisit the 2006 exam and take a look how relatively straightforward the questions are compared to some of the stuff that comes across this board. Realize that you will not know every answer and nail the stuff you know well. If the perfect storm hits for me (2 time series questions, a swaption valuation and minimum FSA and equity allocations), I am f’d. But revisit that thread where people postulated what will be on the exam and ask yourself if you have a good grip on those topics. I bet you do and you will be ready. I would stay away from reading the text again and work only review and questions. I think you will learn more from correcting your mistakes on a practice question that you will reading a textbook.

Yeah guys…just finished book 7 (2006 CFAI exam-abreviated) and was feeling pretty good going into the last two vignettes on derivatives. And ONCE AGAIN, I just got my f00king arse handed to me. I actually did alright on the calculation-type problems, but got totally fricked sideways on the theory part again, well, and the swap question which I just can’t seem to get a clue on. I’m feeling really discouraged right now. F@rking derivatives, proving to be my Achilles Heel yet again. All I can hope for in this area is to get between 50-70 and just kick aish in equity, FSA, quant and ethics, which I feel are my strengths this time around. F@CK!

“If the perfect storm hits for me (2 time series questions, a swaption valuation and minimum FSA and equity allocations), I am f’d” ditto that amigo. i just curled up in a ball thinking about 2 time series vignettes. mommy!