CFAI Mock Scores

Exam 1: 60 Exam 2: 73 still scared of failing twice

that second one is a nice score! What sections were covered on the second CFAI mock exam?

Ethics Econ FSA Corp Finance Equity Fixed income Derivs Pm

thanks jpm, I’m sure the next ones will only be higher :slight_smile:

What is the difference between “CFAI Mock” and CFAI Sample" ? I have seen people refer to both. Thanks!

There are 3 sample exams (one of which is free) that consist of 30 questions each. $40 each There are 2 mock exams, which are 60 questions each. $60 each or $100 for pair

Good morning team AF! Mock 1 got a 66% (why they can’t round up and give me a 67% to feel just a liiiiiiittle bit better, i’ll never know). topic covered- ethics, 1 quant (time series), FSA (a ss5 control and avail for sale type vignette and a SS6 temporal/AC one), corp fi (governance, div policy), equity 2 item sets (competitive strategy and some valuation models), FI (credit analysis), derivs (options/swaps) and PM (factor models). I bombed FI- looks like that’s where I’ll start my review today. Annoying things about this test- just like before, when you get solutions, you don’t get the full problem with it so as a learning tool for review I find these tests only so-so. Even more annoying to me also they don’t say whether you got a problem right or wrong (at least in the sample test you could see if you got something right/wrong), so again you can’t zone in on problem areas as much. I thought overall the test seemed very straightforward and similar to a real CFA test- not killer calculations for the most part, a bunch of 2 parter questions, etc. I’m sure I’ll take the last full mock sometime next weekend since I paid for it, but again, I’m wondering if people are finding a ton of value in these tests as a study tool or just more so as a here’s where I stand sort of thing. A D+ I guess doesn’t make me feel good but it’s not so far out there that I’m completely depressed right now. FI and PM were my awful areas on this mocky mock mock. PM is not easy! Score 66% You failed this assessment exam Ethical and Professional Standards Score 83.33% You passed this learning objective 83.33% Quantitative Methods Score 83.33% You passed this learning objective 83.33% Financial Statement Analysis Score 66.67% You failed this learning objective 66.67% Corporate Finance Score 83.33% You passed this learning objective 83.33% Equity Investments Score 75% You passed this learning objective 75% Fixed Income Investments Score 16.67% You failed this learning objective 16.67% Derivative Investments Score 66.67% You failed this learning objective 66.67% Portfolio Management Score 50% You failed this learning objective

bannis, i’ll probably take the first one today as well… i keep doing problems and reviewing because i thought that is the best way to prepare going forward. i find when i sit and try to review by reading the material again, i’m having a hard time focusing without questions. that said, since the cfai doesn’t let you pinpoint what you got wrong on the mock, it sounds like it will be less helpful of a tool. I think the most i’m trying to get out of it is to get a feel for how CFAI will ask the questions come test day. and if it’s like L1, maybe they will have one question that is super similar to one of the mocks. everyone can use easy points on this thing… about that D+… that’s most likely a pass. and you will do better on the second part, i bet, bringing your avg even higher. so it’s going to work out. i’ll take a d+ anyday if it’s a pass!

I know this is a dumb question, but is this mock exam offered by the CFA Institute? I’m debating today whether to buy Book 7 (Vol. 2), the exams from CFAI, and/or Schweser’s online exams? I have Book 6, the CFA Windsor exam, and the QBANK. What do my friends from AF suggest? Money is not a problem for such an important exam.

Which one is better? Mock or sample in terms of covering topics

i’d go with CFAI tests. i vented a few frustrations above- if you’re going to be ethical maybe jot down notes carefully while taking the test as to some of the important numbers in the question so when you review you have the basics? i finished with about an hour left so maybe i was just jamming along, but time was not an issue at all. i probably could’ve taken the time to really write out some notes on the questions to help me review the answers if i had wanted to. maybe will do that more on mock 2 when i take it next weekend.

you can also create a test from the q bank. although its individual questions, I think people are forgetting about this. Creating a printable 60 questions test from the q bank is a good way to really review the topics, just make sure to check the box that says to weight it to the exam. some of the quesitions are multiple part like the actual exam and these questions tend to be less quantative than book 7 and are more representative of the exam in my opinion. thoughts?

I just gave the first mock exam and did not do well. I have been studying only schweser study notes but figured a lot of questions specially in Corporate Finance, Equity Investments and Portfolio Management were from subject areas not extensively covered in schweser though they are covered nicely in CFA notes. Did anyone else had similar problem? Given the time consideration, any suggestions on what topics should I read from CFA notes. Thanks

Just did first Sample exam and got a 79%…bombed FSA with a 33%. Usually don’t do that so not sure what happened…time to start reading some more text and CFA questions good luck today

just rounded up a 76% on Mock 1, and I’m pretty stoked. almost ready to sign the pledge.

I got a 66% on mock one, 90% on FSA, like 50% on everything else. I don’t get it… Did anyone else go with C for the entire PM part?

68 on mock 1, very disappointing.

73 on mock 1 and I’m not too excited about that…do we really have to get a 70% to pass cuz if I remember correctly, a 65 was enough on L1

FINALLY completed Mock 2 after a long day of technical difficulties… Scored another 80% on Mock 2

Nice job McLeod. Even with all that to still score an 80 is impressive.