will there be any IRR questions in Level II

None of the mock lev II exams have an IRR question. do we have to worry about doing IRR calculations?

God I hope so.

I hope so too…that would be an easy mark…but I doubt they will put any in there perhaps a capital budget rationing, which is just as easy, but CFAI will add a twist to it…you watch

Please tell me you don’t do the “trial and error” method of calculating IRR?

they had that really basic one in mock 2. about npv and irr for mutually exclusive projects giving conflicting decisions and which to pick…yeah. i hope they give out freebies like that.

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Please tell me you don’t do the “trial and error” > method of calculating IRR? pshhh i do that in my head…takes about 3 seconds.

BTW, what kind of a username is “milkpump”?

i already asked that in a separate thread. i guess the question is who is doing the pumping.

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BTW, what kind of a username is “milkpump”? The type the pumps for milk

it’s french

French Canadian maybe, but that doesn’t sound like any of the French I took in school.

Why are you concerned with IRR. you should be concerned with swaps or Currency translation.

i’m going to skip swaps. currency translations is basically intuitive. just don’t ask me the difference between direct and indirect quote.