Fixed income

they had 2 vignettes on fixed income :frowning: What was the answer for the PSA question?

I put that average life would be less than 6 years only if the speed was greater than 260psa

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I put that average life would be less than 6 years > only if the speed was greater than 260psa Agreed.

agreed

agree

what was the name of the class? PAC?

what was the payment answer? I thought that it was the 36k, plus the new accrual interest so it was b 36417ā€¦ anyone?

was the guys definition of CMO correct?

Is that the one about the accural tranche? I put the interest on the accural should go to tranche A.

I think I guessed right on this one :slight_smile: I didnā€™t know how to calculate it. There was a questions on Libor curve and risk free rate. Why Libor curve is used against treasury spot curve. It has more maturity points.f

One answer is TAC, which has min prepayment risk.

i said yes smarsh

jpm351 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i said yes smarsh This question freaked me out, it seemed easy and yet I had a hard time. I changed it at the last second to yes.

over05 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > One answer is TAC, which has min prepayment risk. Nope. The question was which one protects extension and contraction risk. A TAC only protects against contraction risk.

What is the answer for that one, when is PO has highest return or value? That one is tough for meā€¦I think I chose B which says somethingā€¦canā€™t remember.

I said the PO has highest value when principal repaid right away

over05 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What is the answer for that one, when is PO has > highest return or value? That one is tough for > meā€¦I think I chose B which says > somethingā€¦canā€™t remember. Immediately. If it pays off 5% in one day, the annualized return is 1.05^365

was one answer PAC A gets 32000 after C changes to an accrual (itā€™s a sequential pay structure anyway)? seemed really obvious unless iā€™m mission something

Did they not asked about ā€œhow much of principal payment would beā€ not ā€œtotal paymentā€? So I just picked the first one from the table

Slash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > was one answer PAC A gets 32000 after C changes to > an accrual (itā€™s a sequential pay structure > anyway)? seemed really obvious unless iā€™m mission > something I thought that too, felt like a trick question. But 32k is right.