Will you take it again?

I’m not sure if I passed this time. Passing the exam won’t help me much in my career now. I’m not in finance. However, I do know a lot. If I study a little more and focus some more on questions, I think I can pass this exam. It will take a little more effort. Part of me doesn’t want to take it again and just let it go.

Don’t think I passed, in finance but don’t need this now or possibly ever, I just love what I do and want to be better at it. I’ll give it at least another shot.

Whats the point of taking this exam without passing? I don’t think you can claim competency in work over someone whos not a candidate. In my opinion, the CFA is all about getting the letters after your name.

nice to pass so I can complete my CFA next year. Though I dont really need it for my actuary work

z3159712 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Whats the point of taking this exam without > passing? I don’t think you can claim competency > in work over someone whos not a candidate. > In my opinion, the CFA is all about getting the > letters after your name. You don’t do this without a serious attempt to pass, I put in alot of effort but I don’t know if I made it. However, there are many smart, successful people in finance that do not have CFA after their names and are way ahead of the average charterholder. It depends what you do in the field. The program will always make you better, but as the SOPH says, you can’t guarantee better results because you are a charterholder - that would be a violation. You can’t claim more competency than a non-chartered colleague even though I believe the program makes you better at what you do. If it’s just getting the letters to you I can’t believe you adhere to the code of ethics of the program.

don’t you want to go thru the fun experience of trying to pass lev III?

sterling76 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > z3159712 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Whats the point of taking this exam without > > passing? I don’t think you can claim > competency > > in work over someone whos not a candidate. > > In my opinion, the CFA is all about getting the > > letters after your name. > > You don’t do this without a serious attempt to > pass, I put in alot of effort but I don’t know if > I made it. However, there are many smart, > successful people in finance that do not have CFA > after their names and are way ahead of the average > charterholder. It depends what you do in the > field. The program will always make you better, > but as the SOPH says, you can’t guarantee better > results because you are a charterholder - that > would be a violation. You can’t claim more > competency than a non-chartered colleague even > though I believe the program makes you better at > what you do. If it’s just getting the letters to > you I can’t believe you adhere to the code of > ethics of the program. very well said.

This may sound sadistic, but frankly I like putting in the long hours & hard work. Plus if 40% pass it’s NOT impossible so why shouldn’t I be one of those 40%. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of things I’d rather be doing with my time, but I set this goal for myself and I’m going to reach it. If that means taking level II again next year…fine. But one queston, why would anybody invest time, money, and effort if you don’t work in finance and the cfa will do nothing for your career?

It is just like relationships. When you break up (fail), u feel you are not meant to get into one. But with a couple of months passed and seeing other people enjoying their relationship pretty fine, u fall into the trap again. And once u r in, u have to go through all pain, leqast of which is foregoing a week end. If i don’t clear it this time, i am not going to let anyone know i am appearing in it anymore unless i pass it.

why would anybody invest time, money, and effort if you don’t work in finance and the cfa will do nothing for your career? ------------------------------------------------------------------ can’t agree more. The only question you need to ask yourself is why you enroll in the program in the first place. You don’t really need the charter if you don’t work in finance, and you can always prove yourself at work.

i am not doing any exams next year. this was my 2nd time and i was ill prepared for this, worse that last year. i worked hard but not in the way i should have. did not do enugh questions as was concerned about retaining the material. little help tbh as got stressed and could not remember stuff i knew. better luck in 2010 for me i am going to live life and see what happens

That was my 3rd and last attempt. Once has to know when to cut their losses. Too much quality time was waisted over this.

I’ve already put in 300 hours of work. At this point I have a nice handle on the material. Why let that go to waste if I fail? Next year I could just do a quick read through and dive right into practice problems. I have all the tools necessary to pass, just need to sharpen them at this point.

^^not a chance Dapper… give it 2 months and you won’t retain a single thing from the material. I gaurantee it. As for me, this was the 2nd and last time.

This was my first attempt and I will be doing it again. I felt like I knew the material very well, but simply choked on the small stuff (Level 1 review, managing my time, etc). I’m confident that I can pass this thing will another chance if necessary.

im a first timer too all i gatta say is 1time, 1luv, 1pass hopefully

Absolutely 100% will take it again, if I have to…

CFAdummy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m not sure if I passed this time. Passing the > exam won’t help me much in my career now. I’m not > in finance. However, I do know a lot. If I study a > little more and focus some more on questions, I > think I can pass this exam. It will take a little > more effort. Part of me doesn’t want to take it > again and just let it go. I’ve been debating back and forth on this as well. I also took this exam for the second time. I felt my understanding of the material way exceeded that of my first attempt. My practice exam scores were, on average, 10% + higher than last year. I broke 70 on Schweser, which is something I had never done before. Then I broke 80 on a CFAI sample, something I had never done before. I put in the time, the sacrifice and fought for it until the end. I’ve never quit a single thing in my entire life, even when the odds were against me. I’ve also never experienced working so hard for something just to fail in the end. Maybe I’m spoiled, as I’ve always been blessed in this regard. There is a scene in Erin Brokovich (the movie), where her boss tells her not to take something so personal and she finally breaks down and starts talking about all the hours she spent working on her case and how it represented “time away from my kids…and if that’s not personal, I don’t know what is…” It’s funny, but I think about this line every time I sit for a CFA exam. I may not have children or a husband, but my time is valuable and I honestly dont know what is going to happen tomorrow. If I get knocked over by a bus, my final thoughts would not be “gee, I wish I would have passed the CFA exam.” They would probably be more along the lines of “I wish I would not have wasted so much time worrying about the little things in life, like the CFA exam.” Based on this, I think I know exactly what I’ll do if I’m faced with another “fail” screen in August.

You already spent so much time and money on this, how can you just stop here? At one point in your life, you may decide not even to add the three letters behind your name (when you are able to) as you realize all these efforts are actually meant for something else rather than the title…if you quit CFA test you are a looser.

over05 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You already spent so much time and money on this, > how can you just stop here? At one point in your > life, you may decide not even to add the three > letters behind your name (when you are able to) as > you realize all these efforts are actually meant > for something else rather than the title…if you > quit CFA test you are a looser. Bull. If you study something that isn’t useful in your day to day life, you’re quite an asshole for your loved ones if you make yourself (and them) go through the process of studying that hard for three years in a row.