I failed...stupid error stopped me from taking the exam!

managed to be registered to the wrong test centre, so when I turned up to take the exam they refused to let me sit it… 6 months of studying for nothing all down the drain… :frowning:

Wow that sucks. Check the ticket well in advance next time!

ouch, sorry to hear that…how far geographically were you from correct place? Didn’t you get a ticket on line?

Yikes. Terribly sorry.

nightmare

Ouch.

I did get the online ticket, but failed to check it as was studying my ass off. Just printed it out the day before the exam. Was taking it in London, but had accidently registered for Edinburgh. Am sooo mad at myself for not checking the ticket. Just out of everything that I thought could go wrong, I never considered this one! Apparently a few others in London had made the mistake of putting London Ontario as I met a guy outside the exam hall looking equally p***ed off who had done just that.

So sorry… what a horrible story.

holy crap. i had nightmares about something like this happening. i’m very sorry to hear that

thanks Guys! Glad no one as commented on how dumb a mistake it was to make. I still have to tell my boss which I’m not looking forward to. Do you reckon if I sit again next year I’m going need to put the same amount of effort in? I studied for over the prescribed 250 hours, and gave up everything for the last two months to sit in the library with my books.

if CFA designation is worth anything to you then you will most certainly do it again…like i tell my children, if you are going to put in the effort to do something, you might as well put in your best effort.

Shuchs!!! So sorry to hear that…citygirl26 !!! I would have killed anybody who came my way on the way to the exam hall… Ok, but reaching the hall did not really make a big difference to me. I am fail this sh*t.

Oh my gosh, that sucks!!! I am so sorry! :frowning:

I forgot my passport, but by the time I noticed I was already in London with no chance of getting home and back down to London in time. Luckily my drivers licence had come back from the police on Friday morning, so I had photo ID - but technically it’s a 2-part document (you get a paper counterpart). Thankfully they let me in, but I didn’t sleep well on Friday night, and my heart was beating pretty fast when I handed over my ID… I can only imagine how awful and embarassed you feel.

So sorry citygirl. CFA nation feels your pain.

If that happened to me I probably wouldn’t tell anybody.

citygirl, you going to write it next year? I think you should - you put in the time and come next year you will know it that much more.

Citygirl - You don’t have to tell anyone what happened.

Well, it happens - I mean, I can’t find the reason it couldnt happen to me or someone else. We are all humans. Cheer up - it’s not that bad. You learnt lots of new, you can use your knowledge, you’ ll have some advantage next year… You know, the most important you get from studying is the knowledge.

I’m a little sorry this happened to you. I’ve done careless things like this before. During the exam I didn’t read entire vignettes and lost out on some easy points.