I failed

I already counted 30 questions wrong from the discussions here alone and that excludes Ethics. I’m screwed and very pissed off.

Will you change your screenname to mcfail? Edit: Sorry, that was an impulse control problem. Just wait it out for the results.

Well there’s always next year :slight_smile: I’ll be joining you :slight_smile:

don’t bank on the answers here being correct. There are lots of different opions about the answers and its a definite possibility that answers that are deemed “correct” here are not.

Seriously, I think most of the answers are correct. Especially the number ones. Maybe 1 or 2 can be argued. I don’t think CFAI would give two correct answers on a question.

Is there a full list already posted? Among the questions I remember I already got 12 wrong, but among those I don’t remember got to be more…

The only thing I saw was the list of 42 questions which is hardly the entire test.

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,776980

yea, too bad I had like 15 I believe I got wrong from that list of 42…booyaa. I’m walking a fine line my friends.

same here Amsterdam. I have already seen 10-15 Q’s which I think I messed it up with but dont lose till it is confirmed. I am waiting till August second week to shed some tears.

mcpass, consensus seems to be that a) this exam is graded on some sort of a curve, and b) not many, in fact very few, AF regulars and lurkers thought this exam was a lay up… Don’t count yourself out til you know one way or the other…and in the mean time, enjoy the summer, do some pleasure reading…get a mountain bike…teach yourself to open your gullet and chug beers…anything but think about CFA examinations that are already in the books.

You have to take that list / posted answers with a grain of salt. 1. They ask different questions on different exam versions. This makes for very confusing debates, and probably biases you to think your score is lower than it is. 2. Especially with some of the grey areas, ie ethics, I think we could never figure out all of the correct answers. And with slight variations in wording due to number 2, you can have completely different questions that look very similar but test different knowledge. 3. People remember the tricky questions that they got right. The gimmes, especially the calculation ones, are less likely to end up on this board due simply to lack of retention.

“yea, too bad I had like 15 I believe I got wrong from that list of 42…booyaa. I’m walking a fine line my friends” If you got 15 wrong out of 40, then you can safely say you got 45 wrong out of 120 which is about a 63% which is cutting it VERY close. and FWIW, im in a similar boat.

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I already counted 30 questions wrong from the > discussions here alone and that excludes Ethics. > > I’m screwed and very pissed off. what were you scoring in the prac exams?

i will be a 3peater

73 mock 1 and 76 mock 2. Went from 53% early May in exam 1 am of book six to 80% of exam 3 pm the week before the test. I knew I shouldn’t have opened up this forum…

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 73 mock 1 and 76 mock 2. Went from 53% early May > in exam 1 am of book six to 80% of exam 3 pm the > week before the test. > > I knew I shouldn’t have opened up this forum… you may be okay yet - I can think of 24 errors in total and there may be more - this forum has made me very nervouse - i bombed 2 equity case studies when it has been my best area throughout every exam (2/6 for both). So angry about that.

caspian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “yea, too bad I had like 15 I believe I got wrong > from that list of 42…booyaa. I’m walking a fine > line my friends” > > If you got 15 wrong out of 40, then you can safely > say you got 45 wrong out of 120 which is about a > 63% which is cutting it VERY close. and FWIW, im > in a similar boat. Wasn’t there a rule of thumb where you take the # that you are 100% positive you missed and mult by 2.5? Along those lines, the list I saw appeared to include a majority of questions covered on the afternoon session. They were certainly fresher in our minds. And I think we all agree that session included a much larger number of the more difficult questions. I would also add that it is possible that people are more likely to recall the ones that were difficult or that took more time to answer. FWIW I too am riding shotgun in the cutting it close boat.

mcpass, you’ll be fine… How did you feel coming out of the morning session? I think we all racked up some points there. So it was mainly the second half that blew goats… And from this forum I’ve probably seen 60 of the answers debated and, as mentioned earlier, most of those were the more difficult ones from both the morning and afternoon. Dwight’s dead on here too… lots of questions we don’t remember, lots of questions are different between the exams, but sounds similar. You’ll be cool… just wait for August.

they deleted this :frowning: www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,776980