Oldest Level 2 Candidate

Anyone mind to reveal your age? I am betting that at age of 38, I am the oldest among all of you in this forum. I should be entitled to the senior cititzen discount on MPS. :slight_smile:

Some people on this forum are older. No worries!

I’m 41

WYM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone mind to reveal your age? I am betting that > at age of 38, I am the oldest among all of you in > this forum. > > I should be entitled to the senior cititzen > discount on MPS. :slight_smile: i’m a little older than you as well…

I am turning 40 soon.

Anyone can offer double the age of me? I’m 23 :wink: But I still got a totally unrelated job to finance. I am a project manager in an electronics corporation and don’t really know if I can ever turn into the investment industry… hehe, so kind of stupid what stress I do to me :slight_smile:

I am guessing that the UPPER tail of the age distribution may be > 35 or so while the LOWER tail may be < 22 (ages for most college grads). for those who are younger than us, do you mind reveal your age so that we can complete the age distribution survey?

I’m 51, but my emotional maturity is around 24. I would guess that the median age is around 25-26 with a long tail extending to the upper end. There are plenty of people in their 30s and lower 40s that take the test and a handfull my age or older.

amoynahan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m 51, but my emotional maturity is around 24. > > I would guess that the median age is around 25-26 > with a long tail extending to the upper end. There > are plenty of people in their 30s and lower 40s > that take the test and a handfull my age or older. Salute!!!

for 2004: Average candidate age: 31 years Breakdown by age: 26-30 years 41% 31-35 27% 21-25 15% http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/press/pdf/About_the_CFA_charter.pdf

31 here but i feel young…

I already calculated L2 a few months back: Average/Median = 25.6/26 the lowest official age is 22/23 (maybe there are a few 21’s but who cares, they’re not impressing anyone) And obviously it is positively skewed? Lots of people below 25/26 and a few real old people. My source was an AF forum a few months ago where everyone stated there name. Got over 100 people.

34 here. From age comments on other threads, it looks like the candidate pool is getting younger & younger. Not sure what that means for us 30 and olders.

T-Schulz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone can offer double the age of me? I’m 23 :wink: > But I still got a totally unrelated job to > finance. I am a project manager in an electronics > corporation and don’t really know if I can ever > turn into the investment industry… hehe, so kind > of stupid what stress I do to me :slight_smile: Turning 46 tomorrow. Buy presents.

…34 here. From age comments on other threads, it looks like the candidate pool is getting younger & younger. Not sure what that means for us 30 and olders. It’s also getting more and more international. I would like to see pass rates by country.

mto1985 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I already calculated L2 a few months back: > > Average/Median = 25.6/26 > the lowest official age is 22/23 (maybe there are > a few 21’s but who cares, they’re not impressing > anyone) > And obviously it is positively skewed? Lots of > people below 25/26 and a few real old people. > > My source was an AF forum a few months ago where > everyone stated there name. Got over 100 people. So the average age from sampling AFers is much lower than 31 (T-Schulz found in CFAI’s database). Although there may be sampling errors, it reveals a trend that people are taking the exam at much younger age today…perhaps motivated by Wall Street’s lucrative compensation package and job prospect. I wonder that with the recent slump in I-bank job opportunities, people would still be as keen as before in taking the exam. The rumor has it that none of the recent Columbia B-school graduate has taken a Wall Street job.

25 turning 26 next month…Yes I am a LEO.

a what?

Lazy Executive Officer, short for LEO. cfaboston, i am sure yours mean something else.

25 turning 26 next year… :slight_smile: