Will Schweser alone get me through FRM?

Anybody that has taken it or will be taking it…do you have any input? Much appreciated!

schweser didnt really help me… the required readings helped me for the FRM… but its a pain, you’d have to dl it from your comp and print it… and you can only print once i think… the handbook is good after you read the required readings…

Schweser is a good “guide” for the AIM statements, but not too deep. For example, they do not provide derivations. The end-of-chapter concept checkers are lacking, there are only 5 per chapter and they are pretty elementary. The QBank contains ~1400 questions, but no comment here since I haven’t tried it yet. Best source of questions elsewhere are the old exams from Jorion’s Handbook and the two years worth you can get on the GARP website. http://www.garpdigitallibrary.org/display/frm.asp People have passed in the past without feeling like they did well at all. (I think you can pass without really owning the material to the level that you need to own CFA material, but considering the FRM is an enhancement designation and not a make-or-break designation…the main value I derive from it is as an introduction to the material, I wouldn’t feel comfortable in a professional role even if I did own all the information to pass the exam. I’m supplementing the material with some reading of my own…Hull, papers, etc.)

In my opinion, Schweser FRM is not as good as their CFA notes

Also, I would also consider PRM (P = professional), either as a substitute for or in addition to FRM. Some of the guys who post that really know their stuff (rohufish especially) have good things to say about PRM. Check out the following link, decent discussion about PRM. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,602752,page=1

the cirriculum for FRM is pretty crappy , and looks like many overlap with CFAs

why to pursue CFA and PRM concurrently? if you can get your CFA charter and automatically pass L1 & L2 of PRM?

I passed the 2006 FRM. I would recommend Schweser notes. However, you will not pass unless you also read the FRM book, take the sample test and read all the outside readings (from FRM website) as they test these extensively. FRM is best for those in banking. Hard test. With lots of overlap with CFA I exam and equivalent diffculty.

I passed the 2006 FRM. I would recommend Schweser notes. However, you will not pass unless you also read the FRM book, take the sample test and read all the outside readings (from FRM website) as they test these extensively. FRM is best for those in banking. Hard test, lots of overlap with CFA I exam and equivalent diffculty.

I would just suggest reading the Jorion’s book. It was enough for me.

Im_Awesome Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > schweser didnt really help me… > > the required readings helped me for the FRM… but > its a pain, you’d have to dl it from your comp and > print it… and you can only print once i think… > the handbook is good after you read the required > readings… As for FRM - you can order two binders with the material already printed out for you.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would just suggest reading the Jorion’s book. > It was enough for me. They say (or rather, the instructor from Schweser said) that Jorion’s book is somewhat outdated since the curriculum has changed & the book - although I’m sure it’s a good book - isn’t updated to reflect the *current* curriculum.