GOOD NEWS!!!

Fellas got some good news… From 2009 on multiple choice questions are gonna have only 3 (three) choices intead of 4 (four). One less distractor, yay!!! Sounds good but, since it is not really gonna affect the overall candidate pool, the competition and pass rates pretty much gonna stay the same… Link: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/questions_faq.html

One less distractor, but probably closer answer choices…

all numerical answers will be the same except for the 10th decimal digit

Utah LLC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Fellas got some good news… From 2009 on multiple > choice questions are gonna have only 3 (three) > choices intead of 4 (four). One less distractor, > yay!!! > > Sounds good but, since it is not really gonna > affect the overall candidate pool, the > competition and pass rates pretty much gonna stay > the same… > > Link: > > http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/ > questions_faq.html Welcome to TWO MONTHS AGO!

Zim is back and in usual form!

most of the ones i got wrong, i could usually get them down to 2 choices. usually 4 choice is just completely extraneous.

A curve is still a curve. Did you ever study quant?

my odds of guessing are better at 33% than 25%

Yeah, but our odds of passing haven’t changed.

That’s fantastic! Also in the news, the rumor mill is buzzing about Bear Sterns potentially failing. Stay tuned!

Is this for level II as well? I do have to say, if there are more than a few questions where you have to take a complete guess, 1 of 4, it seems unlikely you will pass. I am not sure that I recall a single question on June '08 exam where I was taking a 1 in 4 guess. You are right, however, that having three answer choices will help your chances when guessing. I think this could really help me out in ethics. On another not, I do extremely poorly on True/False exams, so I hope the CFA doesn’t go that route in the next few years.

njblain Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes it applies to all Levels (inc Level III a.m.). > Random guessing will produce a slightly higher > score, but it will make not the slightest > difference to your results. The MPS will no doubt > be calculated in the same way, marginally higher > to remove the “lucky guess” factor. +1

May not be a good news. The previous exams are not hard, now they may think of increasing the degree of difficulty by giving less choices. passing rate will decrease, i feel only for personal view

May be good for those guessing, but should be bad for those who studied hard. Guessers will have a higher chance of scoring high than before.

CFAI never does anything in favour of Candidates! Don’t be deceived, its another trick by the Institute to reduce the number of people that pass the exam.

Someone else here said that they will eventually go to a one answer test (I am guessing that they will leave answer A as the only option). Unfortunately, the lone answer will be wrong and everybody will fail.

:))