Top 1% recognition

So a buddy of mine just took L1 in June and passed…but guess what he found at the bottom of his results page. My friend was recognized as being part of the top 1% pool from which the MPS is calculated…oh but wait, it gets better. He forgot his calculator at home and did the AM session LONG HAND, I borrowed him my 2nd calculator for the PM. WTF…he is a Rain Man.

Seriously? They are disclosing the top 1% now…why would they do that? That seems to go against everything the CFAI says about better passing grades not meaning anything. We can ask maratikus after level II results come out.

That is against CFA exam policy… your friend is probably playing a prank on you =P

Well I’m waiting to see his results…but the guy still passed going to AM session long hand. still pretty good :slight_smile:

I don’t know whether to be impressed he did the AM long hand or amazed that he forgot his calculator.

i met a woman who did all of her exam with a golf pencil and no sharpener. and not sure if she rectified it in afternoon or not… and it was level 3 with written answers… true story

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know whether to be impressed he did the AM > long hand or amazed that he forgot his calculator. lmao. i agree-- how can the guy forget the single most important object to bring to the exam other than himself? i’m guessing that he borrowed someone’s calculator and he’s just shiiting you think of just a simple cash flow question. i remember some of the questions in L1 having 5 or more payments. so you mean to tell me that he potentially calulated (1.12)^5 by hand? given the accuracy required i call bs on his part.

where do they disclose top 1% in the result? I could not find anything like than though I had >70% in all section. I assume the CFAI has not a policy of disclosing anything like this? S

Looks like Mr. Junkie here has been royally punked.

I’ll send CFAI my first born child if I can get a bottom 1% passing score. Who do you think really puts together the exams - mature adults? Balance of Payments…think about it.

not jus one bop mind you but 2 i know lets double their pleasure by asking two questions on this reallly obscure topic well what bout more important time series stuff nnaaaaaah why bothee testing such an important topic this is waaaaaaaaaaay more fun

If this is a true story. Hat’s off 2 ur friend.

I know someone who had an epileptic seizure during the exam and was temporarily paralyzed from the neck down. He managed to insert an unsharpened pencil underneath his left eyelid and scratched out the answers for the Level 3 morning session using sheer willpower. What’s even more impressive is that he is usually a right-eyelid person. CFAI ended up awarding him the Sportsmanship Award of the Year for Level 3 Candidates.

I call BS on this one. Standard VII B specifically covers the over-promise of the competancy of an individual. Highly doubt CFAI would disclose top 1%. Although passing w/o the calc is impressive if not stupid…

I know some one who passed by just marking the answer sheet with out opening the question booklet. This guy apparently has telepathy and can see the contents of exam booklet without opening it. He left the exam hall in 45 minutes and still passed the exam. I forgot to mention…CFAI is verifying to find out if he is an extra terestrial. Some of the test takers in our center saw a UFO circling over our test center. Have fun :slight_smile:

i just have to say that i lauged out loud at this post. first time ive done that in a while. thank you sir. farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know someone who had an epileptic seizure during > the exam and was temporarily paralyzed from the > neck down. He managed to insert an unsharpened > pencil underneath his left eyelid and scratched > out the answers for the Level 3 morning session > using sheer willpower. What’s even more impressive > is that he is usually a right-eyelid person. CFAI > ended up awarding him the Sportsmanship Award of > the Year for Level 3 Candidates.

They actually did disclose the top 5% (I think) for a few years long ago. They sent you some certificate or something. Everyone else hated it and they stopped doing it.

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know someone who had an epileptic seizure during > the exam and was temporarily paralyzed from the > neck down. He managed to insert an unsharpened > pencil underneath his left eyelid and scratched > out the answers for the Level 3 morning session > using sheer willpower. What’s even more impressive > is that he is usually a right-eyelid person. CFAI > ended up awarding him the Sportsmanship Award of > the Year for Level 3 Candidates. How did he turn the page??

z3159712 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > farley013 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I know someone who had an epileptic seizure > during > > the exam and was temporarily paralyzed from the > > neck down. He managed to insert an unsharpened > > pencil underneath his left eyelid and scratched > > out the answers for the Level 3 morning session > > using sheer willpower. What’s even more > impressive > > is that he is usually a right-eyelid person. > CFAI > > ended up awarding him the Sportsmanship Award > of > > the Year for Level 3 Candidates. > > How did he turn the page?? He used the spirit of farley013’s 9.5".

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know someone who had an epileptic seizure during > the exam and was temporarily paralyzed from the > neck down. He managed to insert an unsharpened > pencil underneath his left eyelid and scratched > out the answers for the Level 3 morning session > using sheer willpower. What’s even more impressive > is that he is usually a right-eyelid person. CFAI > ended up awarding him the Sportsmanship Award of > the Year for Level 3 Candidates. I keep reading this post over and over and can’t stop laughing … where were you all year man ? … Hilarious…