Level 2 candidacy on resume

Hi,

I just passed level I. I know someone has posted this question before but I didn’t find a good post that answered my question. How do I properly put that recognition on my resume? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I was planning to list it under “Education and Professional Training” section on top of my resume. It will read:

University of ……… 06/2006
- B.A. in …….
Educational Abroad Program, University of ….. 12/2005
- …………..
Chartered Financial Analyst Program
- completed level I in June 2008
- intended level II in June 2009

any comment is much appreciated.

Master the Level II curriculum by creating custom quizzes in the SchweserPro™ QBank. Question difficulty automatically adapts to your ability level on a given topic, measuring your knowledge and keeping you motivated. Included in every Schweser Study Package.

no comment

Just put

“CFA Level II Candidate” should suffice, no need to give the date

You passed level 1 and you’re actually asking this question?

That is an ethics violation…you may only state that you are a Level II candidate, not that you intend to pass on a given date. A better way to word it may be:

June 2009 Level II Candidate

I hope this helps,
TheChad

And ONLY after you have REGISTERED for Level 2!

Now the 35% pass rate seems high…

thank you very much for all your inputs.

what if I don’t plan to register for level 2 until later this year.

should I just put “completed CFA level I in June 2008” and not “Level II candidate”?

is it worth mentioning “first try”? or would I come off as a show off?

what about listing it under “education and professional training”? is that appropriate? or should I separate the two sections? (I graduated from college not too long ago and don’t have any other professional training.)

oh i got it now.

the chad, thank you for your advice.

soxboy, thank you for the link to the standard. i just looked at it. question answered!

Why is this always so hard….

1st. use the search function this is asked 5 times a week
2nd. use common sense–> Billy Bob Thornton - CFA Level 2 Candidate (June 09); Completed Level 1 (June 08) –now you can make it prettier using big words;
CFA Level 2 Aspirant (June 09); Consummated Level 1 (June 08)

just put

YOUR NAME, C.F.A partial charterholder
completed first level on the first attempt, superior stock picking ability, guaranteed returns

Wrong. You forgot to tell him to bold C.F.A. in big font.

i thought CFA goes before your name like Dr or Mr

some of you people are so cynical…

Serious terms -
‘YOUR NAME, C.F.A partial charterholder, completed first level on the first attempt, superior stock picking ability, guaranteed returns’- ->>> VIOLATION

bold C.F.A. in big font – >>>> VIOLATION

Fighting to Pass the L2 Exam now

prossetti Wrote:
——————————————————-
> You passed level 1 and you’re actually asking this
> question?

LOL…….LOL

what if the name was in bold ? CFA bold too ?
for instance :

Warren G. Buffet, CFA

what if both were in Bold ? is that a violation ? ;)

It’s ok only if you italicize C.F.A. and put it in quotes.

Hi have2pass, you are correct.

Ethics violation!

Look what I found on an Investment Management’s career website:

Preferably, candidates will have all of the following:

3. C.F.A. designation (or progress towards C.F.A. designation)

Yeh, while looking for work, i’ve seen many boutiques like to hvae an employee profiles section often saying “expected to be CFA qualified in a year”. Well, I don’t blame them that much as probably someone else typed their profile for them.

Like most of my friends I am new on LII forum. First, Good Luck to those who are waiting for their results.

I am pasting the following regarding candidacy on resume from SOPH:

“If a candidate passes each level of the exam on the first try and wants to state
that he or she did so, that is not a violation of Standard VII(B) because it is a
statement of fact.”

So my question is: Is it right to say ’ passed Level I of CFA June 2008 examination on the first attempt’.

I can see in previous replies that somebody mentioned it’s a violation if we mention passed on the first attempt.

Can somebody clarify?

You can put Passed Level 1 2017: Level 2 Candidate 2019: Guaranteed Level 3 candidate 2020. 

Just kidding of course….

calpon3 wrote:
thank you very much for all your inputs. what if I don’t plan to register for level 2 until later this year. should I just put “completed CFA level I in June 2008” and not “Level II candidate”? is it worth mentioning “first try”? or would I come off as a show off? what about listing it under “education and professional training”? is that appropriate? or should I separate the two sections? (I graduated from college not too long ago and don’t have any other professional training.)

I’d absolutely put “first try” on CV. Better yet, put “Passed CFA LVL1 exam (1st try)” on your LinkedIn headline. It’s important let prospective employees know that they are dealing with a BSD right of the bat. 

It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Or you can put “Will receive Charter without Level 3 since you scored in the 100% rank)

What’s ‘BSD’?

oriongaussling wrote:

What’s ‘BSD’?

Big Swinging D!ck

https://financial-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Big+Swinging+Dick

It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Ah of course, I am familiar with the terminology, but was not aware of the acronym. 

Thank you kindly.