One week to go and...

my confidence continues to deteriorate. I walked out of the exam thinking things went okay. Now a few months later and I think my chances went from 60/40 to 40/60. How the F did that happen? I have every person at work looking at me like I am waiting for a biopsy result. “Anything yet?” No. August f’n 19, I tell them. Of course the wife and kids give me the standard, “I am sure you did fine.” God bless them, but they are tired of my wig sessions for sure. So I can vent here, right? Well… My favorite forum has become unrecognizable due to the “tweener” period of the month after level one but before level 2 results are released. I understand the excitement of passing, but Jesus H. no more “I love level 2” or “I got started last night” stuff. I am done. I will rip the band-aid off next Tuesday morning and it will be over one way or another. Good luck to all. If the wife complains about the time commitment or the stressing before results come out and she says “Sometimes I wish I had married a butcher or a plumber,” I tell her, “If I fail this exam again, you may very well get your wish.”

goes to eleven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > my confidence continues to deteriorate. I walked > out of the exam thinking things went okay. Now a > few months later and I think my chances went from > 60/40 to 40/60. How the F did that happen? > > I have every person at work looking at me like I > am waiting for a biopsy result. “Anything yet?” > No. August f’n 19, I tell them. Of course the > wife and kids give me the standard, “I am sure you > did fine.” God bless them, but they are tired of > my wig sessions for sure. So I can vent here, > right? Well… > > My favorite forum has become unrecognizable due to > the “tweener” period of the month after level one > but before level 2 results are released. I > understand the excitement of passing, but Jesus H. > no more “I love level 2” or “I got started last > night” stuff. > > I am done. I will rip the band-aid off next > Tuesday morning and it will be over one way or > another. Good luck to all. > > If the wife complains about the time commitment or > the stressing before results come out and she says > “Sometimes I wish I had married a butcher or a > plumber,” I tell her, “If I fail this exam again, > you may very well get your wish.” Goes to 11… haven’t seen you post in a while…welcome back. but this is EXACTLY how i’m feeling. i didn’t think i was going to get as bad as i am right now… being this nervous, that is. i’ve even resorted to looking at the results thread from last year again … sad.

Exact same sentiments over here. Confidence in exam is still under 50% (stupid pm session), I haven’t told anyone other than my wife that the 19th is the date. I pray that I don’t have to stay in the L2 forum with these ridiculously hyped up and unwarranted posts. This lingering anxiety sucks but at least there are only 6+ days of it. I’m going to be flying to the West coast when results come out so I’m going to have to endure more pain of having scores posted and not being able to access them. Good luck!

(Nods in agreement with all above posts). Frickin PM session… I have been telling all of my friends and work colleagues how I am waiting for results, but I am going silent this week as I dont want anyone knowing immediately if I fail. I really think I will call in sick to work if I fail. When I walked out of the exam I was probably 60/40… now, its just a crap shoot. I guess its KIND of exciting that I really have no idea if it will say PASS of FAIL. I am going to be shaking when I click on my score at 8:48 AM on the 19th. Also, just to echo sentiments, I dont want to be the bad guy, but it is so frickin annoying seeing all of the newbies who just passed Level I with their posts. I think these people are crazy to be starting now anyway. They will absolutely run out of gas if they start now. This last week is just the worst… time to find out if everything you worked for over a 5 month period comes to fruition. The thought of having to take Level II again is almost too much…

Same here. I thought I would be sufficiently numb by now, and I was hoping that maybe I would somehow care less in Aug than I did in June. I was wrong. With no additional information to support this, I do feel now as though there is a 90% chance I failed. When I walked out, I felt like maybe I had a 65% chance of passing. I’m trying to visualize what the screen will look like so I can try to get ready for it: Level II: FAIL I just keep staring at it.

At the break between the morning and afternoon session I was 95% sure I’d be on to Level III. After the afternoon session I was down to the 50/50 range like everyone else. PM was totally unfamiliar as was the research objectivity standards. It also doesn’t help that I missed both BOP questions. Speaking of which, if I end up in the highest failure band those two BOP questions will haunt me until the day that I die.

Thanks for the visual. My anxiety level just went up 10x.

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Speaking of which, if I end > up in the highest failure band those two BOP > questions will haunt me until the day that I die. I think you echo the sentiments of 90% of the people here on this point. I’m hoping they throw those questions out. What b/s.

I am with you guys. After the exam, I was quite confident but now I dont even have guts to go and check the result.

i’ll have a contest with anyone who wants to wait to check the results. I really want to check but I really dont want it to ruin the rest of my summer. It can be like that seinfeld episode. Master of my domain!

Glad to hear I wasnt the only one who found the two BOP questions ridiculous. I think everyone agrees that PM was insane. Tick tick tick…

yeah I guess its the same feeling with everyone. And to top it, I don’t even remember the paper now. what sections I did well, what I didn’t… all that lingers is the feeling I had after the pm, - anxiety. Actually I was also relieved that its over… But i don’t know yet if it actually was.

Crazy to see all these names up here with the same thoughts. I knew I wasn’t the only one, but you guys up above were some of the premier preparers and brightest AF participants along the way. Just hope that they grade on a really generouse curve (I’m really hoping that there is a 51% pass rate), Then maybe I stand a chance.

FINALLY a thead I can relate to! I feel in exactly the same boat as all you. Hopeful after the AM session, thrashed after PM. I have forgotten most of the questions and my confidence is low. However, not all hope is lost and that is what really is contributing to this case of nerves… I remember when I passed level 1 last june and looked in this forum and could sense the anxiety of those waiting for marks, I figured it would be best for me to shut up!

Pretty much the same boat for me- left giving myself a 60/40… then later I thought 50/50 and now I’m more like 33/66. Hmmm, sometimes when I think about it my thighs feel like I just swam a 200 fly. Amazing how this thing effects me. I remember it took me forever to find the “Pass” at level 1 amidst all the print on the screen. I’m just ready to know and find a little piece in a statement a CFAI committee member told me… “if you’re confident you passed, you probably didn’t.” So maybe all of this lack of confidence is a good thing. We all worked hard and I could only imagine that the pass rate of AFers will be higher than the norm, so there remains a glimmer of hope yet. good luck to all!!

I am really starting to stress out. I am constantly checking this forum and clicking on the results link for the CFA just to see them tell me that the results are not out yet!

same boat as everyone else that has posted. everyday starting this past weekend i have had a very subtle knot forming in my stomach. gee, I wonder what that could be… :frowning:

Dapper425 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’ll have a contest with anyone who wants to wait > to check the results. I really want to check but I > really dont want it to ruin the rest of my summer. > It can be like that seinfeld episode. Master of my > domain! Ill take that bet …whats on the line?? Gurantee one of use checks at 9:01 and the other at 9:02 haha

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Level II: FAIL > Dude! seriously, I can’t even get my dream to visualize “Level II: PASS” All I see is FAIL blinking bright red and I wake up with my heart racing

Yep. It’s kind of funny…I’ve got a few big deals going at work that could shake out around the same time as the test results. I envision two scenarios: The first is where the deals come through and it’s just raining cash on me all morning, then almost as an afterthought I check the CFAI site, no waiting of course, and I get the news that I pass. I then go home early chomping on a big cigar, richer and more satisfied than when I started the day. The second scenario is where months of work on these deals falls through, I get no trades done, then in an attempt to feel better I check the CFAI site and the pain is compounded by a big “fail” notification…at that point I stumble dejected out onto the train tracks next to the office and wait for the 10:15 coal train to send me on my way. Ironically no middle ground comes to mind. I’ve had no dreams this year. Really haven’t even thought much about the test until today. I’m not all that stressed about it…after the afternoon session I wrote the entire thing off as a failure…could be a coping mechanism.