you guys should chill! read barrons, hit a natty

i know, sounds ironic coming from my loser a*. but it is saturday in the states, so go out and enjoy it… even i am wrapping up some LBO debt paydown models and about to go buy my natty 6 pack in time for the bo sox game @ 7 pm. new plasma, gonna enjoy it and put my feet up, maybe read some barrons on the side. so i emailed buddies that took level II, told the about this link to level III you guys found, and they are all freaking out. some told me to can it, and that they want to enjoy their weekend. so, to quote them, enjoy the weekend!!! otherwise, you will be refreshing the website all the way into monday (disclaimer: i am a level 2 09 candidate, just passed level I, if you think i am not in position to post this, you are probably right)

I agree with everything above. EXCEPT Go out and party and root root for the YANKEES (or Phelps) I am a L III candidate waiting and drinking tonight, hard!

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i know, sounds ironic coming from my loser a*. but > it is saturday in the states, so go out and enjoy > it… > > even i am wrapping up some LBO debt paydown models > and about to go buy my natty 6 pack in time for > the bo sox game @ 7 pm. new plasma, gonna enjoy it > and put my feet up, maybe read some barrons on the > side. > > so i emailed buddies that took level II, told the > about this link to level III you guys found, and > they are all freaking out. some told me to can it, > and that they want to enjoy their weekend. > > so, to quote them, enjoy the weekend!!! otherwise, > you will be refreshing the website all the way > into monday > > (disclaimer: i am a level 2 09 candidate, just > passed level I, if you think i am not in position > to post this, you are probably right) watch out for the jays daj, we are coming hard in the second hald and halladay pitched a beauty tonight

Daj if I ever find myself in my late 20’s drinking a Natty, I’ll most likely use the opportunity to seriously reflect on the series of bad choices resulting from poor decision making skills and unsavory upbringing that led me to that exact moment in my derailed existance.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Daj if I ever find myself in my late 20’s drinking > a Natty, I’ll most likely use the opportunity to > seriously reflect on the series of bad choices > resulting from poor decision making skills and > unsavory upbringing that led me to that exact > moment in my derailed existance. that is mean! cmon, i drank heineken for years in NY when i was your age, made it rain at the club, bottles of absolut, now that i am laying low, i am drinking lighter stuff. i like to get a buzz then go back to my world of excel models, linked in, and CAIA books. if i crush bass all night, i get ripped and lazy.

Made it rain at the club.

LOL…what the hell does “made it rain” even mean? Daj, your comments crack me up.

he’s referring to throwing 100 bills at strip clubs, which I bet you that same number of 100s he has never done. ever.

I’m starting to think that Daj doesn;t really exist and somebody’s just f’g with us. Nobody can be this clueless…can they? The last time I crushed a natty light was at my fraternity house in college…many years ago…and even then I could tell it was shite. Is this guy a parody of some jack ashhe or is he for real? I think Farley013 may be back just undercover this time

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Daj if I ever find myself in my late 20’s > drinking > > a Natty, I’ll most likely use the opportunity > to > > seriously reflect on the series of bad choices > > resulting from poor decision making skills and > > unsavory upbringing that led me to that exact > > moment in my derailed existance. > > > that is mean! cmon, i drank heineken for years in > NY when i was your age, made it rain at the club, > bottles of absolut, now that i am laying low, i am > drinking lighter stuff. i like to get a buzz then > go back to my world of excel models, linked in, > and CAIA books. if i crush bass all night, i get > ripped and lazy. Just so you know and can tell other women or your kids about how much daddy was “ballin’”, belvedere and grey goose are considered clearly superior to absolute

Just the fact that you think drinking heiniken and “making it rain at clubs” fixes our new impression of you is hillarious. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay_6c3b40Ns Edit: Daj, for clarification, this is not “cool” behavior in most circles.

i loved that guido thing! funny thing is, i kinda look like that dude. in all seriousness guys, yes, i am for real. i am just trying to lighten the mood before the big day. make it rain means doing bottles, etc. made it rain a little, but i make no claim to be a baller. if if was, i woundt be studying for CFA. all the real ballers i know in NY are 25, taking home half a mil b/c they work on pitchbooks 100 hrs a week (but they surf the web from 5pm to 11pm when they are waiting for the “turn” from the printers or an email from their MD who is at W hotel on 14th pitching NYU juniors who have no idea that thier kia costs less than the tie the guy is wearing), and think CFA degrees are for future portfolio managers in milwaukee.

What does hit a natty mean pls explain

to drink a Natural Light Beer. Natural Light or “Natty” is often found on the far left side of the beer isle next to the mini- Mickey’s grenades, steel reserve, and Mad Dog 20/20 banana strawberry flavor.

sounds good, thanks

you can make it rain without spending 100hrs at 25 the true ballers are not the bankers working their lives away… the true ballers are the “masters of the universe” traders and PMs at a young young age. senior in college here soon to make it rain… btw i am taking level I in Dec and plan on taking level 2 in June. that way i can get all 3 done before a 2 yr analyst stint is over (assuming I enter one). name of the game is get ahead and try to achieve the american dream. thought I would take a peak at lvl 2 forum.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > to drink a Natural Light Beer. > > Natural Light or “Natty” is often found on the far > left side of the beer isle next to the mini- > Mickey’s grenades, steel reserve, and Mad Dog > 20/20 banana strawberry flavor. Thanks for clarifying. I believe it’s also next to the Milwaukee’s Best, Busch, and any other 12 pack for under $6.

mikemikemike Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you can make it rain without spending 100hrs at > 25 > > the true ballers are not the bankers working > their lives away… the true ballers are the > “masters of the universe” traders and PMs at a > young young age. > > i hope you make it rain soon. looks like you are focused. good, good. young PMs = very hard to come by. most shops like to see thier analysts cover a few sectors before coming into PM role after 4-7 years. it varies. trading though, is less “by the book.” if you are good, you are good, and as you say, they will come into the money fast(er), especially if you are running a book on your own and killing it. look at the guy @ SAC. he is under 30 and Cohens right hand man. i think there was something in trader monthly about him

mikemikemike Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you can make it rain without spending 100hrs at > 25 > > the true ballers are not the bankers working > their lives away… the true ballers are the > “masters of the universe” traders and PMs at a > young young age. > > senior in college here soon to make it rain If you are a young inexperienced PM you will be starting on some tiny mutual fund and you will be lucky to pull in $400k. I have noticed a big misconception on this forum. As some who works at a top 15 am, I will still say that I would entertain the thought of a BB sell side gig. It’s not that I don’t agree with the idea that ss has a completely irrational pay structure and consequently just a cost center and dying business model, however it will still provide valuable training for the 7 figure jobs. Where as taking the route you outlined there is very good likelihood that you will never make 7 figures in your life. Trust my bankers and hedgie are still the “ballers”…only a select few are actually making the big bucks on the buy side.

Believe me, I agree with you 100%. Although I may have lofty expectations I don’t think it is unrealistic to earn 7 figures down the road (hopefully sooner than later). Of course, this is from the limited observations that I’ve made through internships, etc. Care to elaborate on your comment regarding sell side firms being cost centers? Hedge funds can definitely produce some “ballers.” Working on the sell side last yr in a role that gave me significant contact with HFs allowed me to see this. Believe me, I want my 2 and 20 and will do what it takes to get there. So coming from a top 15 AM, care to shed some light and/or advice as to how to get there?