Pass only using CFAI?

I’d like to see that supposed 15% who just used CFAI books, nothing else… I’m one.

I only used CFAI books, but I started in Sept 07 to give myself adequate time, since I also work full time.

i know someone who did it last year (might have borrowed schweser practice exam book. but only used CFAI study material). easily done, BUT, i think you need alot more time to slog thru it all and you basically need to create your own set of study material notes (i.e. professional quality)

CFAI books were about 95% of my study. I reviewed a bit with Schweser’s Secret Sauce, but honestly could have done without it. Only practice exams I took were the ones CFAI offered. I have basically depended on CFAI for L1 and L2 and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

yeah, i agree that you have to create your own notes but i did it under 100hrs LI and LII and don’t consider myself a strong reader. i think it comes down to knowing what to skim and what to read and to make notes that are concise. my reason for using CFAI instead of schweser is mainly the fact that I don’t want to miss anything because then really dont have much a chance. but if i see it once i can recall it to a point. its also nice saving $400 a year or however much it costs for schweser books.

try 1400 for schweser premium this time around.

Use only CFAI books with the QBAnk (both L1 and L2).

95% CFAI books.

1400!!?!?!?? i didn’t realize. thats crazy.

I only used CFAI books and took each of their sample/mock exams. The only non-cfai study aid (other than lurking at AF) was the BSAS exam put on by my local society. I might have wanted more practice Q’s, but I didn’t want to shell out for Q-bank. I passed though.

Passed I and II using CFA Books only. No online support at all.

i know the subject line says pass, but are there any reading this who didn’t pass using cfai?

FAIL. Read only CFAI, but didn’t spend much time (2 weeks) doing practice questions. Big Mistake. I will say that the CFAI material drills much deeper than what you need to know (in terms of how to answer the question on the test). Lesson: Spent too much time in the trees instead of focusing on the forest.

CFAI books, Schweser pro, Book 6, and online CFAI sample exams.

Pass CFAI cover to cover Got nervous in April and bought Q-Bank and Book 6 Practice Exams. Found that focusing on CFA practice questions and answers was FAR SUPERIOR to Schweser. I used Schweser last year and flunked. CFAI is more time consuming but definately better for learning and retention. (Nothing more time consuming than failing)

Only read Schweser, and didn’t start studying until the end of March so I didn’t have time to read the CFAI books…although it was my original plan Passed though… Level 2: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Quantitative Methods 18 - * -

>>>>yeah, i agree that you have to create your own notes but i did it under 100hrs LI >>>>and LII and don’t consider myself a strong reader. i think it comes down to knowing >>>>what to skim and what to read and to make notes that are concise. this guy loves bragging…

Pass 100% CFAI books. Created my own notes, preparation took me roundabout 300 hrs.

not bragging bullpow, obviously i cut some corners with <100hrs, and thats obviously why i’m happy, i pulled off a difficult task. kudos to these other CFAI studiers who can find motivation and plan for 300 hours of studying.