Wonder how I passed

I was so surprised that I passed with the score below…with only 3 sections above 70%, and failed 3. Seriously wonder how I passed. Someone suggesting? Level 2: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - *

it’s obvious that you hit the upper range in each tier

Still…if I use 40/60/80, I scored only 63%. I guess I just got lucky. I suck at multiple choices.

On 40/60/80 you got 63% and I’m pretty sure people failed with those scores there. So keep your head down and be glad you passed.

the 40/60/80 method is pretty much useless if you want explanations on how you passed.

its true. i know the sections i got <50 i know i got 50 based on previous posts immediately after the exam and those sections that are >70, i know i got 85+ generally

I alwys see people using the same rationale as you did and its just ridiculous. Why would anyone ever give a crap about the “number of sectios” in each category? Your brain might explode from trying to comprehend this, but youwere in ythe top tier in sections with point totals of 18, 36 and 72 . You were in the bottom for 18, 18 and 36 Do the math.

“On 40/60/80 you got 63% and I’m pretty sure people failed with those scores there. So keep your head down and be glad you passed.” Agreed.

Seriously. Fail - band 9 Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - * -

lingmao, I am glad that you are on that side of the fence and not on this side. Congratulations and good luck on Level III. Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

By just purely looking from the range, Spellbog probably did better than me. Not sure how the score was determined. I may only struck by luck once, so need to study harder for L3.

Mingo54, you probably were on the margin just like me. You didnt even fail PM as I did…Sorry to see the negative result. However, I am sure you will do much better than me next year and fully pass the exam, not only barely. Good luck!!

lingmao: I though I was lucky and apparently, you have more luck than I do Level 2: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - *

wicandidate, u did much better than me!! But a pass is a pass…Good luck next year:)

I did better in ethics, worse in PM…but still failed. Life’s a b*tch and then u die. Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

could it because I had faithfully done the CFAI survey and declared I would pass?

so_refresh, I know for me it was pure luck…or as others said I hit the upper range of each tire. I cannot find any other explanation. I think between you and me, maybe I was only a couple points higher…I am sure next year will be a better start.

Hahah…I did the survey and declared I would pass…but I dont think it’s relative.

surely they could of passed me with that! Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

Probably on the marigin too…barely failed. As I said, next year will be a better start. Good luck.