Schweser discount?

I see that schweser has a 10% discount on the three bundled solutions until the end of the month. Does anyone know if there is a further discount you can get? maybe through a membership in a local cfai club, or another group? also, do monst people get “essential” “premium” or “premiumPlus”? do you think its worth it to buy “premimPlus” for $899 vs. the “premium” for $599

I got a discount from my local society and I think it’s 15% or 20%. All personal preference my friend on what you want to get and if your company pays for it.

GMofDen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got a discount from my local society and I think > it’s 15% or 20%. > All personal preference my friend on what you want > to get and if your company pays for it. I understand that its personal preference. I was asking your guys’ personal preference. Hoping to get some insight so i can form my preference based on other people’s opinions who are in a similar situation. thanks for the info on the discount

Most people get the essential package. The videos are good but not sure they are worth $300. If you are a visual learner then I would go for it. I hear the videos are better than the weekly class.

i just got the basic last year, but thanks to a nice guy on this forum who just passed, i now have me a copy of the '08 videos. i don’t think that there’s anything so impossible that you’d NEED the live class or video, but i’d guess it’s a decent study aid. worth $300 if your own coin? like GMofDen said, maybe not. material barely changed year over year- bet someone on L3 would sell you the videos on the cheap… even if you keep your texts if you pass, i doubt anyone is ever going to care enough to go back and watch schweser video. john harris’s class is better $$ spent. for people who have or do use video- do you normally read it 1st then video or video 1st and then read?

^ totally agree with Bannisja. For $495 the Harris class is much more important than the videos although I liked the videos. Good for areas that I don’t do a whole lot of heavy work with in my profession. (ie Derivatives and Quant time/series and multiple regression)

thanks guys. im going to buy the essential and harris

Hook up with local society or get contact info from CFA site, Schweser will give big discount on material. Regards, Sreeni

contact info for who? SMEKA23 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hook up with local society or get contact info > from CFA site, Schweser will give big discount > on material. > > Regards, > Sreeni

Every local society designate someone for academic activities such as exam prep. Every society (In general) has discount program with either Schweser or Allen Resources. Most cases these folks at local charters are willing to help candidates.

I bought L2 texts for 2008 but never sat the exam. I wonder if I’ll score a discount.

anyone knows the website where i can get the materials by ‘Harris’ ??

dresch88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I bought L2 texts for 2008 but never sat the exam. > I wonder if I’ll score a discount. Did you pay for the exam and recieve a Fail? If so then you can get the discount. They will ask you to send them a print screen of your fail.

Only problem is when I go in to collect my fail I get the following message: " Results for the June 2008 and December 2007 CFA exams have been posted. If you sat for the CFA exam in June 2008 or December 2007 and are receiving this message, your results are not yet available. If you have any questions about your results, please contact us. " Hmmm.