zimzim

Re: how many people signing up for L2 by tomorrow? new Posted by: zimzim78 (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: September 23, 2008 04:44PM I am facing a serious conundrum here. I was fully planning to register and re-take this biatch in June, even in light of intensive studying for the GMAT for the next three months until I found out two weeks ago that one of my brothers got engaged and they’re planning the wedding for next summer. Here’s the kicker…my dad tells me last week that they’ve picked a date and I’m all like, great, sometime in the summer so I can enjoy it, fly home to Canada and be a big part of this shindig. He drops the f*cking bomb on me that the wedding is set for SATURDAY, MAY F*CKING 30TH!!! Are you f*cking kidding me!!! Out of 52 weeks in the entire year and without actually being ON the day of the exam, they pick the single worst possible day/weekend. I seriously can’t believe this. So now, I’m having doubts about doing this thing again this year, as I’ll for sure go insane. I don’t possibly see how I can fly home, be all involved and even ENJOY my bro getting married, let alone give up AT LEAST 5-6 days of studying that close to this biatch? I just can’t believe my luck on this one and am seriously considering delaying this, although I hate to do that since things are somewhat fresh and I NEED to get on with this shite. As an additional kick in the junk, for some reason I thought registration was something like $480…not $600…WTF CFAI, c’mon! SIGN UP. I did my college reunion/drunkfest weekend before the test and it was fine. Oh wait, no it wasn’t- I failed! Seriously though, you will have your sh*t so tight by end of May that it won’t matter if you have a wedding, you’ll be good. It’s one weekend. Granted, it’s the weekend before the test, but just set your schedule as if the test were on the 3rd weekend in May. You’ll be ready. Wish your bro congrats, it’s about him not this stupid test, get psyched for some good bridesmaid or wedding goer lovin’ that I’m sure a handsome guy like you will surely get north of the border, and when you wake up in the mornings, bring a computer and do an hour of q-bank before you get into whatever wedding bs stuff you need to do. Sign up Zim. You’re passing this year. I won’t take no for an answer. It is sad that you won’t have a marathon memorial day study adventure though- I really did like those pics. I still need my pink shirt by the way with vanessa hudgens stickers. banni is the (wo)manni! Get on board already. SIGN UP.

I am still contemplating signing-up for the exam. It would be now in the next couple of hours or never. With so much going on, I hardly could recall about the CFA (and registeration) untill the reminder dinged.

Depending on where you live, traveling might eat up and additional day. One possibility is to take the exam in the nearest site in Canada. The last few days, lock yourself away (maybe at the library). Then take it there. Of course, if you can’t take the additional time off, make sure you’re ready to go before you leave for the wedding. You’ve got plenty of time - just plan ahead.

This is easier said than done, but it’s possible with this much lead time to know the material backwards and forwards by late-May. Go to the wedding, be back on 6/1, then just do the usual last week of reviewing and sweating bullets. The GMAT thing is a bit of an issue I suppose. I doubt you need 3 months to prepare though. I’d try 6-8 weeks of intense studying for that, starting right now. Take it, relax for a week, then get into CFAI in mid-November. I’m no genius and I did okay with just 3 weeks of studying. (Then again, I didn’t exactly go to Harvard for my MBA.) Like I said, it’s easier said than done. It’s probably doable though.

Thanks to everyone for their comments, advice and motivation. Banny, I’ll be calling you tomorrow…sorry about the delay, as I haven’t received some of your e-mails at work cuz they’re getting caught in the f*cking spam filter. I’ll ring you tomorrow in the 11th hour. It’s gonna be tough, but how could I possibly tear myself away from you kids for a whole year. Cheers!

ZimZim We all (storko, bannisja, pink, dinesh, mcleod, aladak etc) will pass next year for sure. DON’T give up.

Do it Zim.

i’m getting caught in your spam folder? should I stop sending the racy pics? what fun would that be? soccer tonight but give me a ring and i’ll get back to you if I miss ya. SIGN UP

Darn it, I keep clicking on LII by accident (old habbits die hard). Anyway, might as well throw in my $.02 while I’m here. ABSOLUTELY sign up if you have any intention of still pursuing the charter. Taking a year off will mean losing any retained info you have; plus I’d wager the LII material is going to have a massive overhaul in the next few years in light of a lot of it’s MBS & Derivative sections. I was a repeater this year and it ended up being the busiest year in my life. I moved 2 times (did not hire a mover), built a new house, and had a baby (well my wife did…you know what I mean). If you take a year off, I’m guessing, it is pretty likely that you’ll never return to the program.

I agree with what everyone said. I recall that you were part of that group that posted a lot last year, so you should be fine. Enjoy your bro’s wedding and just sneak in a copy of secret sauce :P! Were you the one that had to work the weekend before the exam?

cfa_mamba24 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree with what everyone said. I recall that you > were part of that group that posted a lot last > year, so you should be fine. Enjoy your bro’s > wedding and just sneak in a copy of secret sauce > :P! Were you the one that had to work the weekend > before the exam? Hahahah, yeah dude…that was me. Brutal weekend. Not saying that made or broke me, but I vowed never to be in that postition again and now look what happens! Anyways, I’m back.

Alright b!tches…I’m back! Date/Time of Purchase (Eastern Time): 9/25/2008 12:02:06 AM -----> SUCKERS Order number: 1-175792567 Order Status: In Progress Amount paid: $560.63 -----> I love how IL is one of about six states to get raped on tax So yeah, after battling with the decision and my conundrum, as discussed above, I bent over and took it like Bleron would. Add this to the earlier in the evening @ss-pounding in the wallet I took when dropping $1,250 on Manhattan GMAT prep class registration and you’ve got the makings of something special. I had nightmares, to say the least. Anyways, you guys got the better of me. I just couldn’t let them beat me again…no matter what’s going on personally for me. It’s gonna be a f*cked up next nine months!

bump… is he still alive?