Would you guys study in office?

There is spare time at lucnh time, I am planning to make good use of it, any comments?

If it is during the lunch hour, I see why not.

I used to, when I was L1, but then the eager-eyed-vultures around my desk, thought of me as a slacker, despite of excellency at work and proficiency timewise.

I’m doing it right now at lunch. Great way to make use of dead time so when I get home I can space off.

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I used to, when I was L1, but then the > eager-eyed-vultures around my desk, thought of me > as a slacker, despite of excellency at work and > proficiency timewise. F’in tell me about it. I used to watch the 20 min videos in the Schweser library and got so many evil stares. Never mind the fact that I was eating my brown bag lunch at the time!

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I used to, when I was L1, but then the > eager-eyed-vultures around my desk, thought of me > as a slacker, despite of excellency at work and > proficiency timewise. I did the same thing at Level I and was told that it gave off the wrong impression because passersby didn’t know it was my lunch hour. For Level II I would occasionally drive to the library 5 minutes away and study there.

I wish I could. There definitely are periods when it is slow, but I’m afraid ppl will think I’m slacking off. What do other working ppl do to fit in their studies?

I code all day, endurance & stamina training on TreadMill after office, study all nights and repeat… The good days are comin to an end - starting L2 in Feb-09 and the grind begins.

I definitely study at the office. Our conference room is generally available at lunch time, so I can go in there for some quiet time. Or there’s a library only a couple of blocks down the street I go to sometimes.

I have been told that studying during the day is just fine, shut my door if I have to, etc. It’s “work related” so it can be done during the workday. I guess you could abuse that by studying all day and not doing your duties, but its rare and nice to have someone make it easier to fit in. Not to rub it in but I also get a week off for studying before the exam…ok I do want to rub it in a bit…whhaaahhahhaaa.

about to, but risky. my boss probably wouldnt care. good idea ill try it tomorrow

whatever you do, do it in an area where you will not be disturbed. find a quit corner of the cafeteria or an office no one uses. if people walk by and see you studying it always: “what are you studying for?” they reply: a) if they know what the CFA is…“Oh what level are you on? Thats a hard test! Why are you taking that? What do you want to do with that? etc…” b) if they dont know… " What is that?" you-" It’s a Chartered Financial Analyst license/degree/thingy" them-" Oh…blah blah blah…blah blah blah" before you know it time has passed and you are now wasting your time. i study at work every day and have moved around the office a lot so this is IMHO

My job is project-based. this means that sometimes u don t have anything to do in office. Especially nowadays with the M&A agony. I have studied in the office. My take : by all means, if u have done everything u were asked to do, then study if u want !! I don’t understand these “vultures’ looks” you are mentionning. They can just go f*** themselves.