Retakers? What topics are CFAI text good for?

I’m using Schweser, but I’d like to see which topics the CFAI text good for? From L1, topics such as Econ, FSA and Equities were great from the CFAI text. Related to the above question: If you guys remember from L1, the text book highlighted “Actual CFA problems” to give you a sense of the types of problems for the exam. I’m wondering which sections had good end of section problems worth spending time on. Thanks in advance,

i used CFAI only for ethics and FSA. they are the most heavily weighted. i went to schweser for everything else. passed luckily on first try

Skip, were there sections on the test you feel Schweser inadequately covered?

portfolio management for one. fixed income probably another. ethics too. … schweser is much, much better for derivatives (although i realize that’s not what you asked) use schweser as primary source for everything else. i just mentioned derivatives because i think the schweser stuff is 10X better. the way i did it is read schweser thru a couple of times first for every section and then back-fill with CFAI (reading fairly quickly and just trying to see where it’s alot more comprehensive and meaty)

iregula Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Skip, were there sections on the test you feel > Schweser inadequately covered ETHICS! i am happy i did the mock CFA exams and reviewed CFAI text before the exam. the exam ethics questions were exactly like the CFAI mock exam format. it helped me tremendously. i realized that they wanted you to be able to not only identify, but CATEGORIZE the type of violation. they love to test you on vios of fair dealing vs priority of transaction for example.