Peter Olinto

I have been using Schweser for Level I and I am happy about the CDs. I will keep using Schweser for Level II but I am thinking about getting Stalla CDs since I heard that it’s pretty good (because of Peter Olinto). I am wondering that what’s the % (or which section)of all the CDs that Olinto is teaching? For the sections that other instructors are teaching, are they good? Any feedbacks are appreciated!

I used Stalla for L1 and each instructor covered about 1/6 of the material. I liked the Stalla videos better than Schweser, due to a) the content and b) the way it’s presented- basically alternating between 2 shots of a guy and his whiteboard.

PO is the man…Unfortunately he is not doing Q

I like David H. (The guy that did Quant SS3) I don’t like the guy that did Econ SS4.

i have found the schweser presenters to be RUSHED and basically reading off the slides. that said, it is good reinforcement after reading the notes once. that’s all the value-added from the videos in my case.

DanLieb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I like David H. (The guy that did Quant SS3) I > don’t like the guy that did Econ SS4. same here. that guy sounded GAY

niraj_a Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i have found the schweser presenters to be RUSHED > and basically reading off the slides. that said, > it is good reinforcement after reading the notes > once. that’s all the value-added from the videos > in my case. I agree. I bought the videos for the first time for L2, and I’ve been pretty disappointed with them so far.

Sounds like that Peter Olinto is covering a small piece of the whole thing. I am thinking about not buying it if this is the case…

Just to avoid confusion: Peter Olinto, David Hetherington and Ben Jones are Stalla. Schweser - is a completely different cast of “sub” characters. (esp. on the Videos). Peter Olinto - does Ethics, all of FSA, a portion of Equity, portion of Fixed Income Ben Jones - Economics, Alt Investments, Fixed Income and Derivatives David Hetherington - Quant, Equity, Derivatives, Alt Investments and PM.

Why can’t Stalla replace this Ben Jones from their videos? He maybe a smart guy but not a good teacher or communicator. Stalla come on??? I liked David H for eco in L1.

Peter for Both Stalla and Schweser! and we call it a merger.

not gonna happen DS - PO is Stalla’s major (only?) claim to fame, they will pay anything to keep him.

i really like the stalla instructors the schweser ones are really annoying sometimes, especially that one woman that keeps telling boring-ass stories and really likes to draw out words like “reeeeeeeeeealy, eeeeeeeeeeenooooooooormous” i’m always like “get to the fucking point already please”

If it ain’t broke, why fix it. You’re happy with a vendor, why try something new a this stage of the ball game … but that’s totally you’re call. With that said, I’ve heard GREAT things about Peter Olinto, but I’m not a big fan of his employer.

i just watched the sample video they gave us at the free live sessions about a month ago. PO definitely keeps you interested a lot more than the schweser instructors. if i had enough cash sitting around, i would buy the stalla videos to go with my schweser notes

niraj_a Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > not gonna happen DS - PO is Stalla’s major (only?) > claim to fame, they will pay anything to keep him. Stalla Videos with Schweser Notes (Schwalla Premium Package) is a sure shot LevelChanger program as below If(Level != 3) { Level = Level +1 } I wish they merge and come up with a dream combo like this one. Imagine the synergies for the involved firms and merger arbitrage for the investors. But you are very correct, if it was not for Peter - Stalla would be as good as AlienResource or Champak CFA Faculties and Prep Classes.

I’ll take my Stalla notes. Just my preference.

@DS + 1. PO Vids + Schweser Notes = CFA Stardom indeedy IMO as well.

is there any video of Peter Olinto on youtube ?