"PUFE" - peter olinto keeps referring to it

Hi All, Peter Olinto keeps referring to PUFE but I must have zoned out at some point during the lectures b/c I don’t remember hearing him the first time he talked about it. Can anyone tells me what this refers to? Thanks.

These are parts of the OCI section of the US GAAP Balance sheet: P=Pensions U=Unrealized Gains / Losses due to Available for Sale Securities F=Foreign Exchange gains or losses E=Effective portion of a Cash Flow hedge.

Puff Daddy, duh.

PUFE wants to comprehend his income yo!

Wow…I am very, very impressed by the PUFFF-E. I might pull out the old Level I FSA lectures to hear him reference P Diddy and him comprehending his income. I find that WAY more funny now. The sad thing is, out of the 100% of material we are learning and the 4% we might be able to recall in 10 years, PUFE comprehending his income yo will be part of that 4%! Thank you Olinto, OK Btw, If you want to play a drinking game while you listen to Olinto CD lectures…everytime he says something, repeats it and then says “OK” at the end…one drink. If he repeats it twice and then says OK after that…drink twice. It might take you an hour to consume a six-pack. If he puts in some face-time…i.e. There is a clip of him with his feathered, slick-backed hair in front of some dreary blue curtain…just finish the beer. And if he holds up a cup of coffee or tells you that you have no life (albeit subtly), take a shot. You might get this once a lecture, just hope it is at the end instead of slide #1! Enjoy

lol ha ha that was great Dzm

add in a sip for every time he says “folks” and “here we go” and you’ll be blacked out by FSA 2.

• one more sip if he talks about cancelling your date for the saturday night and going straight to library for Multi-National Operations.

quality

Folks, u gotta love it

Though I have not heard him say my favorite line yet “Patience, practice, persistence, lets do it baby”

level 1 last year - welcome to FSA 3 - yeah you know me, here we go

JP_RL_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Folks, u gotta love it Awesome! I AM GETTING REALLY EXCITED FOR MY MULTINATIONAL OPERATIONS LECTURE TONIGHT!!

lol watched it earlier today

lol i get motivated actually when he says something like ‘remember you have no family no friends no pet quit your job stay home studying’ it reminds me how much time and dedication I NEED to give to this program

Hi guys, what about cumulative translation adjustments from using the all-current method? Is that part of foreign exchange gains/losses?

I think so, but I wouldnt take my word for it.

Yes - CTA is a part of ‘F’ in the PUFE pneumonic