116 hrs so far...

having a hard time getting this material to stick…need to step it up to hit 300 by june. anyone else loggin their hours???

Just hit 90 hrs today. Will try to avg 2 hrs per day and get up to the 300 mark by test day.

i just hit SkipE99’s mom

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i just hit SkipE99’s mom the man.

aiiiyeeee… oh yeah sub…well, “So’s your face!” [scrubs]

sublimity gets around: willy’s mom, skip’s mom. Everyone, hide your mothers!

I should be at 100 this week. I’ve been slacking the past two weeks - went to mardi gras this past weekend

just hit the 25-30 hr mark. Im on good pace.

It’s good to know that so many are suffering just like me through these exams. I haven’t really gotten too much CFA done recently, since CAIA is coming up in two weeks. Wishing you guys the best!

I dont even know where I am. I started Feb 2 and have probably put in about 20-23 hours a week maybe? Prob around 60 hours and I still don’t know sh*t and I havn’t even hit every topic. On pace to hit around 400 and maybe I can smash this thing on the first try.

Proud to say that I’m just shy of 160 hours. My optimistic goal was 500 hours, but more realistic is between 400 and 450. I did 496 for L1. How do you guys keep track? I keep a tally in my notebook and add up every few weeks or so.

i log every hour every day on an excel spreadsheet at work. i also have it graphed so i can see my long term trends. it looks pretty cool after you get a couple months logged in. i do it mainly for kicks and to also make sure i study at least around what they recommend. good luck on that CAIA sub.

thanks Skip, looking forward to seeing you on the L3 boards in a few months

I wasn’t logging hrs and not comfortable of doing so, as I better focus on retaining the material rather than no of hours. On rough estimates, I studied 70 odd hrs during first three week since release of results. Last week didnt study at all as I was sick and still 'am. I will ideally put in as many hours as I can until i will be confident of material - 400 hrs plus atleast required.

SkipE99, that is completely geeky…I’m going to set my spreadsheet up now. You guys are way ahead of me. I started at the beginning of Feb, so about 3weeks, reckon I’ve done about 50hours… Plus my study plan is so different to everyone elses. I am really concentrating on each study session in detail, clock it and then move on. The last 3weeks/month in May i’ll sqim back over and revise. So so far, i’ve done Fixed Income and nearly finished FSA (also did half of Economics whilst waiting for my books to arrive). More or less a study session per week.

Yeah, I can see how some people don’t like to get caught up with logging hours, but for me, it definitely helps me to stay disciplined because if I “forget” to study, when I count my hours, I’ll know it.

400 hours?!?! That just seems rediculous. I’m on pace for 220-250 and it seems like plenty. I’m not trying to be a hater. Maybe I’m even a little jealous that I can’t put those type of hours in, but 400 seems over the top. Take 6 hours out of your study schedule, or Saturday night 11:00PM-5:00AM in your case and read “A Random Walk Down Wallstreet” by Burton Malkiel. You might find out that this isn’t the be all and end all of the rest of your careers/lives.

yeah 400 hrs is crazyy!! i put in about 150 hrs for L1 and passed with no problems. I understand that L2 is more difficult but I think if you have to put in that much time you may want to consider new study techniques.

I’m at 64.5 hours (do exactly what Skip does). Am through Book 2 (Schweser), and have been doing Qbank questions as I read - averaging 80 on the number. Goal is for 450 hours, but 350 is probably more likely. Egomez, not sure how bad my study skills are, but there’s a pretty asymmetric payoff for me - anything below ~65 = 0, so I’d rather be safe than sorry; I want to walk out of that exam knowing I’ll be studying for Level III in six months, not wondering for a few months until results come out. If something’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right. Besides, if I’m not studying than my wifey wants me to talk to her.

your right. I guess ive been on a high since passing L1. I should prob turn it up a notch because I def DO NOT want to waste another year of my life restudying for L2