who's working/studying?

Hey all, been a big fan of the forum for the past 3 years, some fantastic insight and very smart people here! I’m a L2 repeater, currently working, and wanted to know from all the others who are working and studying what their plans are? I’ve managed to take 6 weeks off work before the big day, but worried it might not be enough to finish reading everything and practicing questions for a solid 4 weeks full-time. Any advice?

you should be alright with 6 weeks off… But go for it now, dont lolligag until then… I think most people here have jobs, but we get by. I work from around 8:30-7:30 (factoring in commute)… But study from 8 until 12 or 1 every night… Bottom line, if you work or not, get it done. if youre not sleeping or working, you should be doing this if you want to pass…

Job, workout & study. I will manage to take around 2 days before the D-day.

Job, workout and study as well. I will be working up until 5PM prior to test day.

holy moly, 6 weeks off! I’ll be using my vacation leave to try and get a few days off prior to the test - took 2 for L1.

I am asking my boss to give me 10 days off and he thinks tat i am asking for too much. And i hate it that i’ll have to waste one whole day traveling to Nepal for the exam since its still not happening in India.

@ Bhavya Empathize with you - I’m flying to bangkok My boss threw a fit when i asked for 3 weeks off; finally settled for 2. I heard there’s gonna be a court hearing towards March 30. Gotta watchout.

dnoyelles Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey all, been a big fan of the forum for the past > 3 years, some fantastic insight and very smart > people here! > > I’m a L2 repeater, currently working, and wanted > to know from all the others who are working and > studying what their plans are? I’ve managed to > take 6 weeks off work before the big day, but > worried it might not be enough to finish reading > everything and practicing questions for a solid 4 > weeks full-time. Any advice? Is this a joke. Six weeks off and you are worried. Most of us here get a week off at best and usually work 60+ hrs a week.

oldmonk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dnoyelles Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Hey all, been a big fan of the forum for the > past > > 3 years, some fantastic insight and very smart > > people here! > > > > I’m a L2 repeater, currently working, and > wanted > > to know from all the others who are working and > > studying what their plans are? I’ve managed to > > take 6 weeks off work before the big day, but > > worried it might not be enough to finish > reading > > everything and practicing questions for a solid > 4 > > weeks full-time. Any advice? > > Is this a joke. Six weeks off and you are worried. > Most of us here get a week off at best and usually > work 60+ hrs a week. I wouldn’t say worried to the point of no productivity, but concerned. In either case, some sound advice received, thanks again.

for L1, I took 2 days before the test. this year, i’m taking the full week. i think i’m going to live off coffee, mountain dew and frozen pizzas for a week.

6-WEEKS …u will rule. I probably try to take week off provided i will not get laid off by then

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Job, workout & study. > > I will manage to take around 2 days before the > D-day. Ditto…

There are layoffs going on this whole week. 4 consultants down, many more to go, If I am also the chosen one then I might have a bigger break than expected.

ok so last night i fished around on craigslit and Efinancialcareers and could not believe how little jobs are out there right now. not a single CFA related posting in Houston, Dallas, or Austin on Craigslist. not very encouraging to see 0 CFA related posts and 100 CPA related posts. better get that network built up strong these days son…