Dr. Andrew Holmes, CFA

This guy is running the 3 day schweser seminar in Chi town. Anyone ever heard of him or been to a class of his? looks like he has been teaching level one and two for a while

he does the schweser videos… by far my favorite person on there… Wish he was in the NYC area, I would go see him… Pretty knowledgable, and seems to be really knowledgable on the material, and how to break it down for me… Big fan

Do you know who is doing in Boston?

He looks like a tool, but he is a smart and funny guy.

I learned a lot from his effective and funny way of teaching. He made hard stuff easier to grasp. Wish he is in Toronto.

agree with ditch… at first he looks like a tool… but pretty funny… If you see him, can you get his autograph for me… Just looked up boston… O Nathan Ronen… Not sure who he is http://www.schweser.com/cfa/instruction/3day_seminar.php I am gipped and am in Newark (or NYC for $250 more)… I got Susan Lakatos… I think she did the econ in schweser this time around… didnt find her to be brilliant… Might not go because of it…

I should go see Andrew in LA. It would be like a vacation, but not.

CFAdreams Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > agree with ditch… at first he looks like a tool… > but pretty funny… If you see him, can you get > his autograph for me… > LOL! I will get him to autograph the “My golf game is suffering” postcard for you

Thanks Skip… I appreciate that… forgot about those postcards… i need to find them and start sending them out…

I had Andrew Holmes for my level 1 review, and Nathan Ronen for level 2. Total opposite experiences. Holmes was excellent - I can’t recommend him enough. Ronen, by contrast, was terrible. Complete waste of time. He was disorganized, skipped tons of material, and was overall not particularly helpful for the 3-day intensive training. A colleague of mine had Ronen for the full class, and also felt he was not a good instructor.

Holmes is the bomb. I see why he gets all the good feedback. If anyone has this guy coming to a city near them, its worth the expense IMHO. He understands the material and can explain it so that you can grasp it. He also makes good jokes. apparently this was the first Level 2 live review that they are recording. they are going to put it up on the Schweser website. i sat in the very front and got up during the foreign exchange rate part. i walk in front of the projector on the way out and come back with a red bull and twix in my hand! i partly did it so i can go back and see myself when they post it. but yeah, i am actually looking forward to these next two days of review. totally worth the trip

I’m looking to buy Schwesers Problem Solution package which includes and archived recorded 3 day seminar. I’ll call them and see if this is the seminar. I know Andrew Holmes is very good. Also I’ll get a chance to see SkipE :wink: I was at a live seminar last year with Doug Van Eaton for Level 1 and asked a question.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Holmes is the bomb. I see why he gets all the good > feedback. If anyone has this guy coming to a city > near them, its worth the expense IMHO. He > understands the material and can explain it so > that you can grasp it. He also makes good jokes. > > > apparently this was the first Level 2 live review > that they are recording. they are going to put it > up on the Schweser website. i sat in the very > front and got up during the foreign exchange rate > part. i walk in front of the projector on the way > out and come back with a red bull and twix in my > hand! i partly did it so i can go back and see > myself when they post it. > > but yeah, i am actually looking forward to these > next two days of review. totally worth the trip This is the archived seminar in the Problem and Solutions Package. Get ready for your 15 seconds of fame.

Skip, Where did you end up going in Chicago? For dinner/drinks/social stuff I mean.

oh man it was awesome!! unbelieveable in fact. stayed at the Sofitel. Everest was an excellent meal. They do it up right! of course i had sticker shock when i opened up the wine list ($3200,$200,$4000 were the price of many bottles). but the wife and i loved the fact that it was up on the 46th floor. barely made the $350 limit on that one. lol. after that we went to Tango Sur which was third best meal on the trip (1 everest, 2 is pizza that you can read about below) Tango Sur had awesome steaks, reasonably priced, and you know any place with a wait on a wednesday must be good. next, we went out to Follia (spelling?) it was around Halsted and something. nice enough, good atmosphere. little too pricey for the end result though. last, my boy recommended Luminatis or Lou Manattis for pizza. this was the BEST pizza i may have ever had in my life. i would no doubt get fat off this stuff if i lived there. other than that Blue Man Group was tight (field museum had too many little kids), and the Seminar for the last three days was intense, but Andy Holmes kept it interesting. had a great mini-vacation. I will definitely consider living in Chicago in the future. i wouldnt mind having one of those condos on lakeshore lol!!!

Skip, Do you mean that Schweser will record the seminar and make it available for purchase for those who don’t or can’t attend in person?

jackbauer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Skip, > > Do you mean that Schweser will record the seminar > and make it available for purchase for those who > don’t or can’t attend in person? Yes. It is the L2 archive seminar on the Schweser website. It is also part of the Final Review Package which is a good deal imo. Skipe will be unmasked once and for all. I’ll be patiently waiting for the dude with a Twix/Redbull during fx.

i will confirm whether SkipE99 bears a resemblance to his mother or not

I wasn’t going to buy this review, but now I will make an exception JUST for Skip

the level of disappointment will be significant