L2 Ethics vs. L1 Ethics

I tried searching for posts on this forum but didn’t find anything. I’m a bit confused as to how to start…is L2 the same reading as L1 with the addition of the soft dollars portion? how is L2 ethics different?

Its level 1’s stuff plus - Soft Dollars, Research & Objectivity, Trade Allocation, and Prudent Investor vs Man. Expect to see this stuff on the exam.

Is the text the same?

Maybe it’s just me… I have gone blind and need the books in Braille!!!

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Its level 1’s stuff plus - Soft Dollars, Research > & Objectivity, Trade Allocation, and Prudent > Investor vs Man. > > Expect to see this stuff on the exam. +1 yes. i would also try to keep in mind that Ethics on the CFA exam is not like Ethics course in other curriculums where you don’t really need to study (i.e. Should Jerry steal money from the company? yes or no?) In addition to studying the new topics that BiPoBoy said, you should also review the really boring practical standards information at the very beginning IMHO.

No, on level one you’ll be fine by reading the Code of Conducts a few times. For level two you’ll have to know the Code of Conducts plus the additional readings above. Its in the CFAI textbooks.

i am familiar with the Code of Ethics and the Standards of Professional Conduct, what is the Code of Conducts? Is that something in the CFAI books that is not in Schweser?

I believe BPB is referring to the Standards of Conduct.

ok yeah. we are on the same page then, thats what i was talking about too.

Yes cpk is right, sorry i’m head tired because I only slept for ~5hr last night. fyi - last year i only re-read the code of ethnics & standards of conduct book and got 50-70% on ethics. Didn’t even know what the Prudent Investor vs Man thing until last month.

Ethics is kind of ok if you read the whole pages in CFAI twice, maybe three times. A couple of questions and you get the way they’re asking… that’s about how I did it in Level 1 (>70%) and Level 2 (where I failed, although I got over 70% in Ethics)