True Story

A few days before my level I exam, I came into work on a sunday morning… drove in, looking exhausted, stressed and in a mess, stumbling out of my old nissan micra with my sweiser books… Next to me parks this sophisticated looking guy in a brand new ferrari, and with a hot girl… come out and takes a look at my books, and says ’ are you doing CFA’… I said ‘yeah’… and then smiles and walks off into the distance… I’ve been motivated to work my @rse off ever since… ANyone else have any motivational stories??

haha it is schweser and not sweiser. He was laughing because he knows CFA won’t make you rich enough to afford a Ferrari. If you have the right swag, you can always have a hot babe.

+1

why did he smile? was it because he was born into money and therefore didnt have to study and was laughing at you? or was it because he was a CFA and was now ballin?

I think he smiled because he’s sadistic. He smiles and thinks to himself that “these people are wasting away their time and youth while everything they want is already there for the taking” 99.999999999999% of charterholders will never be able to afford a ferrari.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think he smiled because he’s sadistic. > > He smiles and thinks to himself that “these people > are wasting away their time and youth while > everything they want is already there for the > taking” > > 99.999999999999% of charterholders will never be > able to afford a ferrari. Exactly. We all are aiming for 100-200K payng jobs and nothing else.

It was probably a rental.

he’s probably lost it all by now.

chedges Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > he’s probably lost it all by now. Was he the same pizza delivery guy who used to make 750K working in HF?

I’m taking the CFA to assist me in getting a finance job. Sad but true, if things don’t turn around soon, I’m going to jump into a position as a broom pusher/ditchdigger/accountant/etc.

accountant = broom pusher. No doubt about it. Don’t worry ditch, you will be fine. Did HF gig work out?

ditch, let me know if you ever become a broom pusher or ditch digger. I was thinking about having some sort of exit opportunity too and they sound quite interesting.

Don’t worry guys, I will hire you when my Ponzi fund takes off

that would be after the hedge and speculative units. hedge being like a traditional 30 year fixed. speculative being like an interest only.

+1 liquidity conununununundrum rocks my socks

Yeah, one to 200k right out, but it increases significantly in the long term. True, you won’t get a ferarri unless start your own shop then sell it. So, maybe do that once you have 10-15 years under your belt. I wonder when that TFB bought his first ferarri anyway.

its sad, I know a few guys who have 1 construction company, and were able to afford ferraris, lamborghinis and the like with million dollar houses, yet the average CFA charterholder won’t have those cars. Maybe I’m in the wrong profession. Demolition doesn’t seem like much work. :slight_smile:

Port Managers are outliers and also not everyone has CFA. All research people are running after CFA. CFA is only require in research. Ibanks, HF, PE etc do not give a sh!t about CFAs. They all go after ivy- MBAs CFA is such an overrated designation…

Agreed. MBA > CFA by a lot. cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Port Managers are outliers and also not everyone > has CFA. All research people are running after > CFA. > > CFA is only require in research. Ibanks, HF, PE > etc do not give a sh!t about CFAs. They all go > after ivy- MBAs > > CFA is such an overrated designation…

Ferrari is unncessary. I’ll be happy with a Lexus LS.