If Swine Flu Gets More Serious...

How many people might skip out on showing up to the exam? (serious question)

Not the Nepfer unless I actually got the swine flu. Concern now that I have to fly to Chicago for the John Harris FSA class next Thursday, will wear a mask for sure. Can’t risk getting sick now.

They already opened another exam center in downtown NYC for people that have contracted the swine flu and are required to report this to the CFAI to avoid contamination to the other CFA candidates and possible lawsuits to the CFAI.

hell no i aint skipping it. if they don’t re-schedule it, i am taking it on 6/6

Philip - where did you get this from? I’m taking it in NYC too, but I’ve never heard about this. That’s quite interesting (and relieving).

I am taking the exam in London, its only about three thousand people in one room. I will be easily identifiable, will be using the stuff from the following website. http://www.evojaya.com/site/body_protection.html Seriously, what would happen say if 8 people who sat the CFA exams contracted the flu?? you get the flu, you sue…?

fbc203 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Philip - where did you get this from? I’m taking > it in NYC too, but I’ve never heard about this. > That’s quite interesting (and relieving). The CFAI put me on a Black Ops PR campaign. They will neither confirm nor deny. (I was joking above)

How pissed would you be if CFAI cancelled this years exam?

Good lord it’s only the swine flu…If you don’t live in a third world country, go see you doctor and they will give you Tamiflu and you will be all better. Besides, I hear CFAI is going to just let everybody who is a re-taker of level II an automatic pass. Woo Hoo.

Seriously… Do you guys go to work every day and walk out side? Have you thought about quitting your jobs? Wouldn’t want to risk seeing other people at work or on the streets and contracting this.

Exactly its only flu. HooYaa I#m taking in London too - have you seen the tubes down that day so we all have to get shuttle buses??

It may only be the flu, but people in the USA are being hospitalized for it. If they catch you with it, they will quarantine your butt, trying studying then or going to take the exam. You could be sick in bed with the flu for 2 weeks! If I catch it, I will find a way to escape and then bubble wrap myself for D-exam.

Anyone from Mexico city here? now those folks are screwed … I wonder if CFAI will change the venue to … what? Charlottesville? LOL now THAT would be a contained environment ja, ja, ja.