possible to pass cfa lvl 2, caia lvl 1 and FRM full paper in 6 mth.... ?

As above… I will be taking cfa lvl 2 in june this yr and already reg for the FRM full paper this nov… I was wondering how realistic isit to expect to pass CAIA lvl 1 and FRM full given the tight constraint … i understand there are consioderable overlaps in terms of material can people who have done all those papers pls advise…

I’ll leave this for cpk123 to reply.

no CPA, PRM or series 7? my man, ditch is taking all in 2009

in the words of Kevin Garnett…“ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEE…argggag”

“…unless I have an ouchie on my shoulder.” KG

wangta01 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > in the words of Kevin Garnett…“ANYTHING IS > POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEE…argggag” then cry in front of camera and scream momma, momma!

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wangta01 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > in the words of Kevin Garnett…“ANYTHING IS > > POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEE…argggag” > > > then cry in front of camera and scream momma, > momma! Is that what he did? I don’t remember - I was crying too :wink:

yep last year after winning the championship

cranthir4 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As above… > > I will be taking cfa lvl 2 in june this yr and > already reg for the FRM full paper this nov… > > I was wondering how realistic isit to expect to > pass CAIA lvl 1 and FRM full given the tight > constraint … > > i understand there are consioderable overlaps in > terms of material > > can people who have done all those papers pls > advise… I’ll try to give some real advice. No experience with FRM. But Assuming you can nail Level 2 of the CFA, I think you could easily prepare for and pass Level 1 of the CAIA within a month. Without more knowledge of your time available it is hard to determine. But I read all the CAIA Material and did all the end of chapter questions inside of a month. It is only like 700 pages or so, a total cakewalk to any CFA Exam. 2.5 Months for the FRM seems manageable in my humble opinion, but I have no experience on the difficulty, only that it is less difficult than the CFA Exams based on discussions read.

hi i really appreciate all the post … thanks but any more constructive advices … cause the cost are quite high and i m really seriously considering it… and ya no CPA or series 7 cause i dun llive in the states … so i was thinking of acca F1-3 in dec this yr as for PRM i was think maybe taking paper 3&4 after FRM …

Ive registered for FRM this year… Will start preparing for it only if I falter at CFA L2 ( so fun time till aug end) If I pass L2…i will jump to L3

it is possible but it will require a lot of time. I was unemployed and it was easy for me. I did June 08: pass CFA lev 1 Sept 08: pass CAIA lev 1 in Sept 08: fail other local exam Nov 08: pass FRM, got membership Dec 08: pass other exam Mar 09: pass previously failed local exam Mar 09: CAIA lev 2, got membership My personal advice is to restrcit yourself with two certifications CFA and CAIA because FRM has too technical image. Regarding overlap it is not so big so it will not really help. CAIA level 2 has a very tough convertible arbitrage and convertible arbitrage greeks session. FRM itself is very difficult (smth like 60% like CFA level 2). If I were back to 2008 I would better do GMAT instead FRM.

cranthir4 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As above… > > I will be taking cfa lvl 2 in june this yr and > already reg for the FRM full paper this nov… > > I was wondering how realistic isit to expect to > pass CAIA lvl 1 and FRM full given the tight > constraint … > > i understand there are consioderable overlaps in > terms of material > > can people who have done all those papers pls > advise… yes, possible. it just depends on how much you want it. if you really want it then you can do it.

hi so thankful once again for the helpful words… I already registered for FRM … so there is no way back for me on dat 1… CFA is in june … so the only decision to make is whether to get take CAIA level 1 in sept… I may take CAIA level 2 oin mar next yr if i flunk cfa lvl2 and pass caia level 1./… just wonderin … does all this help @ all in your job search???

Actually I started sending resume and posting it on career sites in the end of april with intention to start job in June after CFA exam. I did not get any responses still… Though I did not put in resume FRM.

hi i just reg for caia to take advantage of the early bird/// there is no way out for me now…