Ethics 2

Which of the following statements about consulting work is TRUE? A) In all cases the employee must receive the employer’s written permission prior to receiving additional compensation from parties other than the firm. This requirement applies to both monetary and non-monetary compensation B) In some circumstances the employee must receive the employer’s written permission prior to receiving additional compensation from parties other than the firm. This requirement applies to both monetary and non-monetary compensation C) In some circumstances the employee must receive the employer’s written permission prior to receiving additional compensation from parties other than the firm. This requirement applies to monetary compensation only.

A) In all cases the employee must receive the employer’s written permission prior to receiving additional compensation from parties other than the firm. This requirement applies to both monetary and non-monetary compensation I quit if this is not right.

QuantJock sorry to disapoint you… I don’t know what wrong woth schweser questions. I did 60 advanced questions in Ethics and made just 70% correct.

what if he has previously received permission to run his own non-competing consulting firm on the side? i’m gonna say B) In some circumstances the employee must receive the employer’s written permission prior to receiving additional compensation from parties other than the firm. This requirement applies to both monetary and non-monetary compensation schweser’d

You’re facking kidding me! Outside consulting must be approved by your current employer in writing (Loyalty to employer standard). Monetary - cash paid Nonmonetary - consult and I’ll let you rock my wife while I’m out of town. Fack this, I’m going to bed.

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You’re facking kidding me! > > Outside consulting must be approved by your > current employer in writing (Loyalty to employer > standard). > > Monetary - cash paid > Nonmonetary - consult and I’ll let you rock my > wife while I’m out of town. > > Fack this, I’m going to bed. i wouldn’t worry about this kind of question because clearly they are just trying to fuck with you instead of testing your knowledge

Yes B I would work part-time in weekends as a waiter. I need not take permission > Monetary - cash paid > Nonmonetary - consult and I’ll let you rock my > wife while I’m out of town. Hilarious.

I picked C, I recall that only monetary work requires permission and only if it is significant.

Example 2.TerryJones sits on the board of directors of Exercise Unlimited, Inc. In return for his services on the board, Jones receives unlimited membership privileges for his family at all Exercise Unlimited facilities. Jones purchases Exercise Unlimited stock for the client accounts for which it is appropriate. Jones does not disclose this arrangement to his employer, as he does not receive monetary compensation for his services to the board. Comment: Jones violated Standard IV(B) by failing to disclose to his employer benefits received in exchange for his services on the board of directors. i’d go with C.

what the answer? b right?

B is the answer

1/1 go Ali!

barthezz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Example 2.TerryJones sits on the board of > directors of Exercise Unlimited, Inc. > In return for his services on the board, Jones > receives unlimited membership > privileges for his family at all Exercise > Unlimited facilities. Jones purchases > Exercise Unlimited stock for the client accounts > for which it is appropriate. > > Jones does not disclose this arrangement to his > employer, as he does not receive > monetary compensation for his services to the > board. > > Comment: Jones violated Standard IV(B) by failing > to disclose to his employer > benefits received in exchange for his services on > the board of directors. > > > i’d go with C. It’s like Dax2IB said, the difference is competing work. BOD would likely compete with his current position, but if I want to be a waiter/waitress, it probably wouldn’t affect my finance job at all.

Def. B. A is too extreme.